Steak house

MNLIvin

Been on a number of Carnival cruises but never done the steak house before. Booked it for a upcoming cruise and was wondering what most people do about tipping. I cannot imagine it is covered in the auto tip deal. I want to do what is right so advice please. What is right and what is proper amount?

Carnival has never really made it clear just how much of the $35 goes towards the tip. My dh and I left $20 extra for the both of us. We had excellent service and and excellent meal.

:)

Curious why you would just leave more, when you don't know how much you already tipped?

Curious why you would just leave more, when you don't know how much you already tipped?

We left extra because we had no idea of the exact amount of gratuity. It could be as low as just a few dollars, so with the great service that we received and the excellent meal, we opted to leave a $20. With that said, if the service would have been substandard, we may have left less and if the service was really bad, we may have left nothing extra at all.

We also pre-pay our gratuities and will leave extra for our MDR waitstaff and room steward if we feel it was warrented. It just depends on the level of service.

It's purely a personal choice. We save up all year to cruise and leaving extra for tips is just part of our budgeting. It's just how we roll for those that go above and beyond and try to make our cruise more memorable.

:)

Gratuity was included.. but as others have said the service was so fantastic it just felt wrong to leave without tipping a little more.

The food was incredible and the service was very personable without being "plop down at your table and chat with you" type service. Very professional, knowledgeable, and efficient.

We had such a great time that we actually treated ourselves to a second night!

Save your money IMHO. We did it on the Conquest in May and it was average at best. If you do go, have your steaks done medium rare or rare at most. We found out when we did the Chefs table that anything more done will not be as good. And that was from the Chef de Cruisine on the ship. Would recommend doing the intimate Chefs table (or whatever they call it now) instead. More money but oh so much better in my opinion.

Thanks to all.

I think we have a feel for it but now am wondering who in the room do I give it to.

Sorry about another tip issue. Would almost rather have a root canal without novacain than bring it up but being an old farm boy from Mn,. where a tip is telling someone where to drill a hole in the ice for the best sunfish.

Thanks to all.

I think we have a feel for it but now am wondering who in the room do I give it to.

Sorry about another tip issue. Would almost rather have a root canal without novacain than bring it up but being an old farm boy from Mn,. where a tip is telling someone where to drill a hole in the ice for the best sunfish.

Like what lake would that be and how about some GPS coordinates for that hole? I'll give ya 15% of my fish.

Thanks to all.

You will be asked to sign a receipt for the $35 fees at the end, so you can either add it to that, or add some cash to that little folder.

Archived