Sitka Cancelled on NCL Dream

flyhi120

I just call NCL...yes, Sitka is cancelled as a port stop on 7/11/05 Dream...I am very dissappointed and their customer service, #1-866-625-1164, told me they only take complaints AFTER a ship has cruised...scary, huh...:mad:

I understand your disappointment at missing Sitka, but it will give you an encentive to return. After four Alaskan cruises, Sitka was on our itinerary. It was a pretty place, but we would not have felt cheated had we missed it. There is so much to take in on an Alaskan cruise that missing Sitka will only be a bump in the road. Enjoy!

flyhi120,

I went to Sitka on my Alaskan cruise. We had to tender (pain the butt but oh well)...once there, we walked around and saw the totem pole forest area and walked around town. Didn't take any excursions and don't recall if there were any to take actually! It's Russian-settled area so much of what we saw was from that culture, which was nice. However, I agree with Hillbilly when s/he said "but we would not have felt cheated had we missed it. There is so much to take in on an Alaskan cruise that missing Sitka will only be a bump in the road. Enjoy!"

It's a nice small town to visit but it is not the port I discuss when I talk about my trip to Alaska. To each his own though...my favorite port was Ketchikan for just being itself. Juneau was great for the awesome Glacier Trek excursion we took...

The rest of the trip will be so cool that you'll have forgotten it's off the itinerary. I hope you get to do something better courtesy of NCL...don't know what they do when a port call is cancelled.

Archived