Weather in Europe recently?

13cheermom

Just wondering if anyone recently cruising in Europe encountered normal temps for this time of the year? Going in less than 2 weeks, trying to narrow down my clothes packing for the trip. Also how long do the mens shorts have to be to be allowed in any religious venues? Still pretty warm and not ready for long pants yet, lol. Most of my husbands go to the knee anyway but just wondered how particular they are in regards to that. I can get away with capris but don't want to be hot all day either. Thanks for any input from recent travelers. Specifically from the Carnival Sunshine itineraries. :)

Thanks! That's what I was afraid of being from North Carolina we too have been having rather warm temps for this time of the year. But basically yes the Barcelona, Monaco, Florence, Rome, Messina, Naples, Venice, & Croatia stops. Just read that some of the religious buildings are very strict about attire, want to dress appropriately but also be comfortable. Also would save on packing if I knew what was needed. :)

Shorts should cover the knees.

FWIW it's mainly tourists that wear shorts.

Leave the jeans at home and wear khaki-type pants. DH wears Dockers.

Rome has been nice recently. DD is finally not complaining about the heat.

Just read that some of the religious buildings are very strict about attire, want to dress appropriately but also be comfortable. Also would save on packing if I knew what was needed. :)

Here is the tourist dress code for St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican, which would apply to most other religious sites. Notice that men should wear long pants, not shorts. You might consider getting pants that have zip-off legs, that convert to shorts. Women must cover knees and shoulders.

Vatican+dress+code.jpg

Well we live in the south along the east coast and we go from shorts in the summer to long pants in the winter. Guess we will just stick out as tourists then lol. Thanks for the weather site I had looked at one I had bookmarked, however the weather is anything but predictable. Just wondered if anyone recently could comment firsthand.:)

Archived