Pictures on Thread Message

It's pretty easy...the only rule being that you'll need to find a place online to host the photo you want to use. It can't be attached right from your computer. Many photo hosting sites exist to allow you to share photos with family and friends online...these same hosting sites can be used for posting pictures to message boards.

If you have an online photo hosting site or have located and signed up to one (note: there are lots of them that allow you to get a free account, limited to 5-10 pictures or so. If you only want to use it for the signature picture, you can sign up for a freebie), just upload your photo to that site following their instructions.

Once you've done that, look at the photo on the online page in the larger format you wish to use (recommendation would be to use a smaller size, as larger files take too long to load for dial-up users). Right click on the photo, and go to "Properties". Look for the "URL", and copy that whole string (it will look something like "http;//www.photosite.com/myphoto/24039203.htm").

Now go into your "User CP" settings here where you edit your signature, and type "", then paste the photo URL you copied, then follow it with". That should do it.

I uploaded mine to a site called "Funtigo" which I use to host my online photo galleries...I have a paid account since I keep alot of photos there, but they offer a basic free account and some cheaper small accounts too. I made my signature picture in Paint Shop Pro8, then uploaded it and linked it below.

Hope that helps without confusing you too much!

It's pretty easy...the only rule being that you'll need to find a place online to host the photo you want to use. It can't be attached right from your computer. Many photo hosting sites exist to allow you to share photos with family and friends online...these same hosting sites can be used for posting pictures to message boards.

You should be aware that some photo hosting sites don't allow direct linking to photos. It decreases their add revenue. Yahoo doesn't allow direct linking.

Your internet service provider probably offers free web space for their users. That is how I started.

Quite true...It would be a good idea to check with any potential host you want to use that they allow linking the URLs of photos. Many do...but you may have to hunt around to ensure you find one of them.

I originally started with AOL picture sharing many years ago, and they used to allow linking. But they stopped about 3 years ago, and I switched to a more versatile photo hosting site which allows me better design control of my galleries, and alot more space. I pay for the service, but don't mind as I link alot of photos for photography sites and my car club. I think the company I use has a free account with limited space - you can check their main page: www.funtigo.com. Others like photobucket, pbase, etc also allow linking.

Thanks for the extra clarification.

Archived