Miracle to Alaska August 27, 2013

Cool Breeze Cruiser

Great stuff can't wait to take my second trip to Alaska this year... Going to be back home on Carnival.

Thanks. It looks like we will be taking a 2nd trip to Alaska too so my DH can try for cold & snow! :eek: We will be back on the Miracle in September for our cruise to Hawaii. Gotta love the Miracle! :D

What an awesome review. I have shared the link with my fellow cruisers. The pictures are fantastic and great tips! Thanks.

Thanks. I read every review I could find about Alaska before we went & spent hours & hours researching. It paid off though other than the horse & buggy ride in Victoria & possibly opening the balcony partition I would not have changed a thing! Enjoy your trip! :)

Juli

I have a couple of questions, our cabin is on deck 7 near the atrium elevators I was wondering if you heard noise from the atrium? Also we have the fttf and I was wondering if it would be worth it. We purchased it because we will have a few elderly relatives who have issues standing for long periods. (We have purchased it for all cabins in our group) How long did it take to board, we plan on getting to the port about 10:30.

I have a couple of questions, our cabin is on deck 7 near the atrium elevators I was wondering if you heard noise from the atrium? Also we have the fttf and I was wondering if it would be worth it. We purchased it because we will have a few elderly relatives who have issues standing for long periods. (We have purchased it for all cabins in our group) How long did it take to board, we plan on getting to the port about 10:30.

We were in cabin 7243 in 2012 & 7222 in 2013 on the Miracle & never heard Atrium noise. Obviously I LOVE the location to book the same area twice. For our cruise to Hawaii this September I did book 7258 so we would have extra balcony room with ten sea days.

Since J.R. wanted to make the trek back to Pike Market to get more of those yummy peaches (we ended up throwing half of them away BTW, to much good food on the ship to eat peaches in our cabin :p) we did not get to the ship until a little before 1:00 PM & there was hardly any wait to get on-board. We are Platinum so our cabin would have been ready early but we got there so late it didn’t matter so I can't help you there.

Juli

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. Please post a review after your Hawaii cruise. We are thinking about booking Hawaii next year and would love to read your review.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. Please post a review after your Hawaii cruise. We are thinking about booking Hawaii next year and would love to read your review.

I booked our cruise to Hawaii April 17, 2013 & thought we got a great deal on our bowling alley balcony but we got about $500 in price drops before the 1st of the year. But now the cruise rate is $2,000 more for an 8A cabin than what we paid for our 8K! :eek: I have spent a LOT more time researching Hawaii than I did Alaska but still don't have it all planned out. :confused:

Awesome pictures! You guys did get a killer deal. I'm jealous!!!

Thanks. I love Early Saver! :)

Juli

How does early saver work Juli?

http://www.carnival.com/specials/early-saver-how-it-works.aspx

I like Early Saver because you can get price drops up to two days before sailing. You get the reduced rate before final payment & on-board credit afterwards. I watch for price drops using Carnival Fare Viewer https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.carnival.com%2FBookingEngine%2FFareViewer%2F&ei=mABMU9yxM6KG8QGY-YCIAQ&usg=AFQjCNG1p33iUqwKCbmCOAueOPe84B8jWw&sig2=NU4nRMgPVM_PbU6p7RqHSQ & submit the form or call my PVP when the price goes down.

We usually book Early Saver when I am sure we will not need to change our cruise or date. If you change when booking Early Saver there is a $50 pp fee.

From Carnival's website...

"Guests who cancel prior to the final payment date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit less a $50 USD service fee per person. Guests must sail within 24 months from the date of the cancellation. Cancellations that occur after the final payment due date are subject to standard cancellation penalties.

Ship and sailing date changes are allowed prior to the final payment due date, subject to a $50 USD service fee per person, per change. Changes made after the final payment due date are subject to standard cancellation penalties."

I am sure someone else can explain it better. I probably have you thoroughly confused! :confused: If I remember right we received almost $800 in price drops for our Alaskan cruise & I have already received almost $500 for our upcoming Hawaiian cruise. :)

Juli

Juli, booked your first 3 excursions today! So psyched for the Tracy Arm excursion, the Harv & Marv whale watching trip and the bus & train trip in Skagway! We are also planning to drive to Mount Rainier the day before our cruise! Thank you for the awesome review! Soooo helpful!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Juli, booked your first 3 excursions today! So psyched for the Tracy Arm excursion, the Harv & Marv whale watching trip and the bus & train trip in Skagway! We are also planning to drive to Mount Rainier the day before our cruise! Thank you for the awesome review! Soooo helpful!!!

Hope you enjoy all three excursions as much as we did. They were all AMAZING!!!

Be sure & have your camera ready every second & have extra memory cards. Robin videotaped while J.R., John & I took pics.

Also try to hook up with someone else on your roll call that is going in a different boat & you can take a few pics of each others boats & swap.

Mt. Rainier was beautiful too. I was fascinated by the Grove of the Patriarchs. I would also recommend picking up a picnic lunch to take with you. We stopped at the Subway on the way & enjoyed our lunch with a great view! :)

Hope you have a great trip!

Juli