Musings from an Oceania Cheerleader -- just off Azamara Journey

pacheco18

Thanks Laraine for such an informative review. Up to now, Oceania has been our favorite line (having sailed on three of their ships in Europe) but we are looking forward to sailing on Azamara (aB2B2B in Asia) after reading so many great reviews. We really like Azamara's itineraries which do not seem to be as port intensive as Oceania. We had sailed on the Quest the first year it was sailing and there were plenty of gliches. Fortunately we had a great cc group which made a big difference in enjoying the cruise. Several years later, it is nice to see how far they have come. So good to know that we now have two great smaller ship lines to choose from :)

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Larraine, for posting your thoughts. We were on Quest for its Venice RT Adriatic cruise which sailed on September 21, and I have been traveling in Europe since so I have not been on these boards for more than a month.

I agree with most of your points and look forward to my January return to Oceania (trying out Riviera in January) after two years enjoying Quest and its excellent itineraries.

I confess I am a bit concerned about the longevity of Azamara after finding out about the vast amount of time Quest will be on private hire in 2015, particularly during the months we like to cruise, but I have to catch up on 3+ pages of threads on this forum which probably will address my concerns.

Archived