Canadian/American Customs...

Jo-Bob

Hi all,

Dh and I are sailing the Pacific Coast on the Star (Vancouver to LA) in Sept, with a stop in Victoria, BC. (where I grew up, actually)

We are Canadian, so I know we will pass through Customs in Vancouver when we board, but what happens getting back on the ship in Victoria, also a Canadian city? Do we need to clear Customs a 2nd time? How about Seattle? It's not a problem if we do, but travelling with only a birth certificate has me a little uneasy. I may still have time to get an actual passport.

Also...is it really true that you can order beer and it's delivered in an ice-filled bucket?? A little slice of Canadian heaven....mmmmm.......cold beer on my balcony...watching the waves...... can't wait!

Thanks for your time!

Hi all,

Dh and I are sailing the Pacific Coast on the Star (Vancouver to LA) in Sept, with a stop in Victoria, BC. (where I grew up, actually)

We are Canadian, so I know we will pass through Customs in Vancouver when we board, but what happens getting back on the ship in Victoria, also a Canadian city? Do we need to clear Customs a 2nd time? How about Seattle? It's not a problem if we do, but travelling with only a birth certificate has me a little uneasy. I may still have time to get an actual passport.

Also...is it really true that you can order beer and it's delivered in an ice-filled bucket?? A little slice of Canadian heaven....mmmmm.......cold beer on my balcony...watching the waves...... can't wait!

Thanks for your time!

As you are on a cruise, you won't have to re-clear customs again until you return home of course (assuming you are flying back from LAX) as well as in Los Angeles (US Customs and Immigration).

NCL does offer helmets (football) with 6 beers (and ice) in them that you can lug around... basically buy 5 and get the sixth free type of deal...

If you are Canadians, all you need is your birth certificate and a piece of picture ID (drivers license or BC id equivalent). That's all we needed when we were on the repo in May from LA to Vancouver.

Happy sailing. no need to get a passport yet.

Archived