more Baltic excursion questions

poss

Has anyone done the Pushkin (Catherine's Palace) and Pavlosk tour with Voyager? I'm trying to decide whether to sign up for just the Pushkin, or do Pavlovsk (St Paul's Palace) also. 7 1/2 hours seems like a long day, though the day before we're signed up for Peterhof and St Petersburg--9 hours! I suspect I'm trying to do too much, but I also suspect it'll be our only trip to the area so I'm reluctant to exclude truly memorable sites.

I'd be interested in hearing reports about the ship's Helsinki excursions also. I understand that Helsinki is an easy city to get around in, but we're much more country/nature folks than city folks. Some of the tours to the countryside sound appealing, but I'd appreciate hearing reports.

Thanks!

We did a 6 hr tour to Catherine's Palace and St Issacs etc... we were very tired so the next day we did a half day tour. Many try to do it all but I suggest you pick the tour with the places you most want to see.

In Helsinki the ship we were on did a tour to Sybilius Monument and his home with a stop at a local music school where we had a wonderful concert by 2 of the students of Sybilius's music.

Maybe your ship will have somethimthing similar or you can also take public transit it is walking distance to the port.

http://www.ytv.fi/ENG/transport/guide/

Archived