Menu for drinks and prices

coolsailing100

• 1 month later...
Will the 6.95 or 5.95 priced drinks meet the 7.00 limit for the Explore4 promotion when you add the 15%?

good question -- I would think gratuity doesn't count but.... I don't know

I do have to wonder what all the complaining about explore 4 drinks is -- everything is under 7 almost

I'm hoping that I am looking at the menu incorrectly. As I look at the prices for the house wines, it appears that only three of the wines are under the $7cap--two white zinfandels and a pinot grigio. As we only have an occasional glass of wine for dinner--and prefer a merlot or another red wine, I guess the card is of absolutely no use to us.

Has anyone ever tried to use the card for "part of the drink" and pay for the balance?

I agree that there is no wine listed under $7 worth ordering. I can see us using the beverage card for ordering Perrier ($2.95) or one of those coffee speciality drinks (I think they were $6.95). My understanding is the drink needs to be $7 or under & no, you can't pay the difference. Hope I'm wrong. Have to wait and see from the experience of those who will be using this card soon.

-Rose

Edited by Mimosa09

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, we've just booked our cruise and the Explore 4 package was a free extra. Couple of questions though. 1) Does anyone know whether mixers eg orange juice or lemonade are included within the drink prices? 2) Can you get a glass of red wine for $7 or less?

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Forums mobile app

I think I read somewhere that there is a red wine (or two) in the Canaletto menu that are under the $7 limit, and that can be requested in the MDR. I haven't seen the list for that restaurant, so it's all hearsay! :) Maybe someone will have a drinks list for Canaletto hidden away somewhere!

I think I read somewhere that there is a red wine (or two) in the Canaletto menu that are under the $7 limit, and that can be requested in the MDR. I haven't seen the list for that restaurant, so it's all hearsay! :) Maybe someone will have a drinks list for Canaletto hidden away somewhere!

Thanks VictOriann, DH likes a glass of red with dinner so that should keep him happy. :)

I'm hoping that I am looking at the menu incorrectly. As I look at the prices for the house wines, it appears that only three of the wines are under the $7cap--two white zinfandels and a pinot grigio. As we only have an occasional glass of wine for dinner--and prefer a merlot or another red wine, I guess the card is of absolutely no use to us.

Has anyone ever tried to use the card for "part of the drink" and pay for the balance?

The wording on my upcoming reservation with the Explore4 says that any beverage over $7.00 is "excluded". I feel that the wording is pretty clear unfortunately, it doesn't say a supplement can be paid for more expensive spirits, it specifically says they are excluded. I too am disappointed that there are no Reds by the glass available at all if this is the case.

The wording on my upcoming reservation with the Explore4 says that any beverage over $7.00 is "excluded". I feel that the wording is pretty clear unfortunately, it doesn't say a supplement can be paid for more expensive spirits, it specifically says they are excluded. I too am disappointed that there are no Reds by the glass available at all if this is the case.

Might be worth sending an email to HAL to ask them to increase the wine selection so that there is more choice on the package. If they receive enough queries they may act on them :o