whats the earliest???

bettina

You are really cutting it close and have a high risk of missing the flight. You might be able to get off the ship by 8:00am, but there are a lot of variables as to how fast you can get to the airport. And then there is the detail of checking your bags and getting through security at the airport.... Good luck, you will need it.

If you are on a non-stop flight (hee-hee) to the airport it is about 45 min driving time.

If you have a rental, you have to build in time to get the car and drop it off.

If you are on a bus, you have to wait till it fills, they dont leave instantly.

If you take a private service, you will get there . . .

BUT:

With sequestration.

MCO is one of the busiest TSA security checkpoints I have ever encountered.

Two years ago we were in line almost 45 min.

They have 4 outside checkin lines that merge to one great line to get to the scanners.

The whole process takes almost an hour.

Also if there is a wreck on the way, traffic delays.

Good luck.

Sea Ya

Hi- Cruising the Freedom in Oct. What's the earliest you can get off the ship for a 10:00 am flight from Orlando airport? Thanks for any help...

Just to echo that you're setting yourself up for a potentially really stressful morning of very possibly missing your flight. You've built a scenario where everything has to go just right.

We did the luggage valet program (since it was complimentary w/ suites) and that has the potential to make things a little quicker for you - I'm not sure if there is a flight time threshold for that though (I think there may have been).

Good luck... you might need some!

I would seriously consider rescheduling your flight.

Lioness mentioned a lot of the reasons and what skagen said is true also. I don't think you can do luggage valet unless your flight is after a certain time and definitely later than 10 a.m.

When we did Freedom in April 2012, we got off at our assigned time, when through customs, got our bags, got on the bus to Budget, got the car and drove to Orlando and were there before noon, but nowhere near 10:00.

If you can't change your flight time, your best bet might be to self-disembark as early as possible and have a limo waiting to take you to MCO.

Archived