Valor Embarkment

faroozi

What time can we drop off our luggage at the ship and what time can we board? The Valor for the San Juan port leaving at 10 pm. Our flight gets in at 10 am and we would like to drop off our luggage and possibly eat lunch and then explore San Juan. But I'm not sure what time we can drop off our stuff. Thanks.

Was on the 9/8 cruise...we're platinum, got to the port earlier than planned (cab from hotel did not take as long to arrive and get there as we thought it would). At 11am there were still people getting off the ship, but we handed our bags to the porter, went in to the VIP lounge and had our sail and sign cards in our hands by 11:20, but couldn't board until 12:15. If you are VIP (F2F, Platinum or Diamond), this waiting area had water, lemonade, and a selection of snacks (sandwiches and cookies) available. However, it got very crowded by about noon.

When we got on board, went right to our room, dropped our carryons, and went out to explore San Juan.

So could you board at 12:15 because you were platinum, or could anyone board? Do you think if I was not FTTF I could drop my luggage off at 11, just not my stuff in my room or have the food and snacks?

When you got to the ship at 12:30, were you FTTF, or not and allowed to board?

If you are no FTTF, can you get in your cabin at 12:30 and just not have guaranteed luggage? Or are you not allowed in your room til later. At 12:30, is there food on the lido deck?

Thank you for your replies.

They boarded the priority guests first at 12:15; after that point they were going to begin with regular boarding by zone, so my guess is that by 12:30 or so they would start letting others on board.

You could drop luggage off with the porters at any time and then go explore, but if you had a carryon you would I believe be stuck with that...there was no place I saw that would "watch" a carryon bag.

I am not sure about the room...ours was clearly ready at 12:15 with no issue, but I am not sure if that was because we were platinum or just because the crew was that efficient. I do know this is the first time I didn't see any notices that the rooms were not ready yet and you would be allowed in at x-time.

Food was immediately available on the lido deck, although we didn't head there.

Overall a fairly painless onboard process.

They boarded the priority guests first at 12:15; after that point they were going to begin with regular boarding by zone, so my guess is that by 12:30 or so they would start letting others on board.

You could drop luggage off with the porters at any time and then go explore, but if you had a carryon you would I believe be stuck with that...there was no place I saw that would "watch" a carryon bag.

I am not sure about the room...ours was clearly ready at 12:15 with no issue, but I am not sure if that was because we were platinum or just because the crew was that efficient. I do know this is the first time I didn't see any notices that the rooms were not ready yet and you would be allowed in at x-time.

Food was immediately available on the lido deck, although we didn't head there.

Overall a fairly painless onboard process.

We were on 9/1 Valor sailing, and our experience with FTTF was exactly the same.

We were on the Valor in July. We dropped our bags off around 11:00 and went and checked in. Got our pictures taken and our S&S cards and a zone assigment for boarding. They told us we could board at 12:30 so we left the ship. When we went back at 12:15 there was no one waiting and we were able to walk straight on. We are not Platinum or Diamond and did not have FTTF.

Last year when sailing out of San Juan, I was doing a B2B cruise with friends joining me the 2nd week. I asked one of the Carnival reps this question and here is what I found out.

Info on Enbarkation times:

You can check your baggage starting @ 10:30am

Check in time starts @ 11:00am

Boarding starts @ 12:30pm

You must be checked in and back on the ship by 8:30pm

Archived