Battle of the Horns (Dream v. Magic)

cruisecritiquer

I've never experienced a horn battle!

(My toddler is obsessed with trains, as well.)

My son is 11. I'm not sure he's growing out of it. Take heed. :p He collects Lionel trains. I had no idea what an expensive hobby this is. We've been to more train museums and train stations than I can even count. He has ingratiated himself with more than one Norfolk Southern engineer and the Amtrak people know him by name even though we've only actually taken the Amtrak to the state fair once. When we have nothing else to do on Saturdays...we go to the Amtrak Station and have a picnic...we wait for the Norfolk Southern to come through (it is very reliable timewise) and they always honk and wave at him on their way through. When I was first fostering his love of Thomas and Tweetsie Railroad, I had no idea it would result in this. LOL. Since he's also talented artistically, there are A LOT of drawings of trains all over and he knows the name and number of most trains and where they are stationed, what has been restored, what is out of service, and where they are located. ;)

He has a similar affinity for planes and certainly helicopters although to a lessor degree.

So when I say I was thankful for the horns of something other than a train...I was extremely sincere. :o

My son is 11. I'm not sure he's growing out of it. Take heed. :p He collects Lionel trains. I had no idea what an expensive hobby this is. We've been to more train museums and train stations than I can even count. He has ingratiated himself with more than one Norfolk Southern engineer and the Amtrak people know him by name even though we've only actually taken the Amtrak to the state fair once. When we have nothing else to do on Saturdays...we go to the Amtrak Station and have a picnic...we wait for the Norfolk Southern to come through (it is very reliable timewise) and they always honk and wave at him on their way through. When I was first fostering his love of Thomas and Tweetsie Railroad, I had no idea it would result in this. LOL. Since he's also talented artistically, there are A LOT of drawings of trains all over and he knows the name and number of most trains and where they are stationed, what has been restored, what is out of service, and where they are located. ;)

He has a similar affinity for planes and certainly helicopters although to a lessor degree.

So when I say I was thankful for the horns of something other than a train...I was extremely sincere. :o

At not yet two, she knows the difference between Gordon and Thomas. Her daddy took her to see an old train, and a real one passed the tracks, the conductor waved and tooted the horn. That was all she talked about for weeks! Daddy built her an engine from scraps of wood, and plans to build a few more pieces for her. I've looked at the Thomas stuff, but even on sale :eek:

I will say when I played the video she ran from daddy to me, 'ship, mommy tatop, ship!!!'.

I'll take trains over princesses any day!

Having a horn battle between another ship and a DCL ship is always fun because DCL blows them away. Last March we were on the Dream when Fantasy was doing one of it's shake down cruises (with TA's etc. on board) and had a horn battle at CC. That was great fun!

Having a horn battle between another ship and a DCL ship is always fun because DCL blows them away. Last March we were on the Dream when Fantasy was doing one of it's shake down cruises (with TA's etc. on board) and had a horn battle at CC. That was great fun!

We were on a cruise in march where the dream and the fantasy( they were on their press cruise) had their horn battle and they let the fantasy overtake the Dream at sea. I must admit that was really fun. Right up there with the time we where in port when the shuttle launched. My 9 yr old loves them so much he goes around humming the horn sound when practicing for chorus

At not yet two, she knows the difference between Gordon and Thomas. Her daddy took her to see an old train, and a real one passed the tracks, the conductor waved and tooted the horn. That was all she talked about for weeks! Daddy built her an engine from scraps of wood, and plans to build a few more pieces for her. I've looked at the Thomas stuff, but even on sale :eek:

I will say when I played the video she ran from daddy to me, 'ship, mommy tatop, ship!!!'.

I'll take trains over princesses any day!

LOL, it's amazing watching the wonder in their eyes. Do you guys have a "Day out with Thomas" event in your area. My son loved those!

http://events.hitentertainment.com/us/day-out-with-thomas/

thanks OP:)

doesn't matter how great of a time i'm having/how wonderful the view is from our balcony/amazing itinerary/etc. on another ship...

every time we're in port with a DCL ship, I want to cry when I hear their horn and wish I were onboard:o

Archived