Cancelling with Princess - how fast is the refund?

We were going to travel with friends for the holidays on the Star Princess but, they informed us that they can no longer go. We booked and deposited the trip for them, how long until we receive our deposit refund on their cabin from Princess? We paid by VISA debit card.

We were told when we were double charged on a past cruise by a TA (that we no longer use) that it can take one complete billing cycle of your CC before it shows up as a credit on your statement. I think the 2-4 weeks is a very accurate estimate.

When our cruise on the Coral Princess was cancelled due to it not being ready on time (it was brand new and delayed being handed over to Princess), the money was refunded back to our credit card in less than a week. Since it was 10 days before sailing (and two weeks before Christmas), we had the money back and available to pay for another cruise in just days.

Princess tells you 4-6 weeks and we've never seen it credited to our Visa any sooner than 4 weeks - canceled 5 cruises. We booked directly with Princess so that might take longer for some reason.

Not with my agent...when I recently cancelled a cruise for September, my TA (love her) advised refund of depoist would post to my credit card account within 72 hours of her notifiying the cruise line and that IS EXACTLY how it played out.

Archived