Cove Balcony - Plexiglass

Mysticks1

I just called Carnival to ask about a cruise on the Dream. I asked for pricing to book a Cove balcony. The rep on the phone told me that she had to let me know that those balconies were all enclosed with Plexiglass :confused: and wanted to make sure I was aware of that. It was described as a sun porch. I told her I thought that was incorrect due to photos and video that I have seen. She even asked someone else there to verify the information.

Anyone else ever been told that?

Ended up booking an 8G at the 8A price instead and 1/2 deposits so I am happy with that, just confused at what she told me about the Cove. :confused:

Thanks everyone. I knew she was wrong and told her so several times but she insisted that those balconies are enclosed and are not like the regular balconies. It amazes me at how wrong their information is. It did make me wonder if the Cove balconies were originally planned to have plexiglass over them and it was changed when the ship was built and they never changed the information in their system.

Sounds to me like a case of the rep being aware there was a difference between a cove balcony and a regular balcony but not understanding at all what the difference was. She needs some training.

I would love to try a cove balcony one of these days.

Archived