Looking for a dive op for Costa Maya

w&k

Anyone have a recent good trip in Costa Maya?

I contacted Dreamtime, but they are the cruiseship operator, and won't take an independent booking (and the price is double through Carnival!). :(

We have a group of three, and are looking for an easy, extended time reef dive (we're all through Rescue).

I have seen a reference to Gypsea, but their prices are not posted on their website.

I have also seen a website for Doctor Dive.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Wendy

Just got back from spending a week there. We used Jorge

http://www.divemahahual.com/english/about/prices.html

We had used him twice before when diving from cruise ships and had so much fun, we went back this year and spent an entire week there.

scaled.php?server=806&filename=costa13.jpg&res=landing

1174771_229544333865693_1472279362_n.jpg

There are some really great dive sites close to the cruise port. The reef there is really healthy and has some deep canyons. When diving from the cruise ship, we saw turtles almost every dive and lots of other fish. When diving there last week, we saw squid, turtles, HUGE stingray, and EAGLE RAYS (my first), and even a pod of wild dolphins swam up to the boat as were getting ready for our second dive.

His equipment is in really good shape, and his shop is well equipped.

We used him a couple of years ago, and didn't go out until after lunch due to the water being so rough. Instead, I just hung out at the beach with the wife and kids until the sea calmed. After lunch Jorge came and got me and we completed our 2 tank dive. The next day while diving Belize, I found out that I was the only one who got to dive Costa Maya because all of the other operators cancelled their dives because the sea was so rough that morning.

Just there in August. I used Doctor Dive. That day it was just myself and the dive master. I did the two tank dive. We did first tank and then returned to the beach for surface interval, then went back out for second tank. Each dive was planned for one bottom time, but I suck a lot of air(always have:rolleyes:) so the bottom time was only about 50 min. They use small boats and you do back roll entry. I enjoyed both dives and I would use Doctor Dive again.

Archived