Glaciers

Krazy Kruizers

We have done several Alaskan cruises but believe it or not we have never been to Hubbard Glacier.

We have done Glacier Bay National Park several times, Tracy Arm once and College Fjord several times.

Do you think that Hubard Glacier is just as nice as Glacier Bay?

Hubbard is pretty spectacular. It's one of the few advancing glaciers. Unfortunately, I don't have pics online, but you can search webshots. It dwarfs the glaciers in Glacier Bay. The calving is usually very good if your ship can get close enough, and when I was there, the ice from the calving lined the shore for miles.

I've been to College Fjord, Glacier Bay and Hubbard. I wouldn't hesitate to book Hubbard again.

Thanks everyone.

This afternoon while waiting for a carpenter to arrive we went over a couple of our Alaskan cruises and guess what? We discovered that we had been to Hubbard Glacier in 2003. We have some pictures but since we did that cruise in September, there wasn't much calving - temperatures too cool.

We will be there in June and July - back-to-back cruises. We cruised Alaska during those times before and know the sun is higher and the glaciers calve more at that time of the year.

Archived