Bathsheba - how do we get there?

Let'sGo!

I've been looking at photos of Bathsheba and it's looks awesome!

I've seen several "tours" that make a stop there, but I would hate to be limited on time because of a tour schedule.

I do recognize it's not a traditional beach, but that's fine with us.

Any feedback on how we might be able to get there without doing the traditional tour?

Thanks,

Ann

I'd be interested too. We were on Valor this past May and really wanted to go to Bathsheba but like you, we didn't want a tour because we didn't want our time limited. We checked at the cruise center information desk and were told that a taxi would cost $80.00 each way, more than our budget would allow. Now I'm wondering if that would have been $80 US dollars or Barbados. If it was Barbados dollars, then it would have been $40.00 US, totaling $80 round trip, which would have been within budget. I had seen posts about renting a car for the day and driving, but we weren't comfortable with that. We ended up going to the beach at the Hilton for the day, but I'd like to know for next time we get back to Barbados because Bathsheba will be a must.

Haven't been there, but my own plan is to take the bus there this January. Have to hoof it to the terminal (I think on Fairchild St), but way cheap.

From my limited research the taxi rates sound like in Barbados currency.

They probably were. :) When we heard $80.00 each way, we weren't thinking and automatically went to Plan B. Thank you for your response about taking the bus.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to the Soup Bowl by bus a year ago. We actually started from the Alice Street terminal, which takes a longer route and we had to transfer (I think it was the Speightstown terminal). However, this also gave us the opportunity to see a little bit of Barbados. The bus we took on the return went to the Fairchild Street terminal. Not only was this a very affordable means of getting to the Soup Bowl, we were able to get back to Bridgetown in time to shop and stop for lunch/refreshments at our favorite stop in town. You can obtain schedules on the Barbados Transport Board. While taking the bus may not be for everyone, we have had good luck in using local bus transportation when available. The only thing I would caution about is keeping track of times and schedules. The return trip was about 45 minutes. I wouldn't want to be checking my watch, worrying if I would make it back to the ship in time.

Happy cruising!

We went to the Soup Bowl by bus a year ago. We actually started from the Alice Street terminal, which takes a longer route and we had to transfer (I think it was the Speightstown terminal). However, this also gave us the opportunity to see a little bit of Barbados. The bus we took on the return went to the Fairchild Street terminal. Not only was this a very affordable means of getting to the Soup Bowl, we were able to get back to Bridgetown in time to shop and stop for lunch/refreshments at our favorite stop in town. You can obtain schedules on the Barbados Transport Board. While taking the bus may not be for everyone, we have had good luck in using local bus transportation when available. The only thing I would caution about is keeping track of times and schedules. The return trip was about 45 minutes. I wouldn't want to be checking my watch, worrying if I would make it back to the ship in time.

Happy cruising!

Thank you! Will definitely look into that next time.

thanks for the info, NJGem... we're pretty adventurous types, so I'm sure we will give the bus a whirl.

My dad used to live in Barbados years and years ago, and I asked him about it as well, and he told me the bus system is definitely the way to go.

Now if you know how to make 7 months go by more quickly... :rolleyes:

Ann

• 1 month later...

We took the bus to Bathsheba, yes it is 80$ American by taxi. Take a taxi ride to the "other" bus station, not the close one. Should be a 5$ taxi ride. The bus to Bathsheba beach leaves every hour on the hour. When you get there and are ready to go back, be at the bus on the hour to go back, be ready and waiting, he won't stop if no one is standing by the road. Be early esp for the return trip. It seems like the bus ride is about a half hour. Fun bus ride and really cool beach we saw surfers too. The bus ride itself is a pretty cool driving tour of Barbados and we have met lots of fun locals and other tourists. Here is a link to my youtube video of Bathsheba.

It's not the best video and is from beach level, there is so much more to the beach. from the top of the hill it is even more amazing!

We took the bus to Bathsheba, yes it is 80$ American by taxi. Take a taxi ride to the "other" bus station, not the close one. Should be a 5$ taxi ride. The bus to Bathsheba beach leaves every hour on the hour. When you get there and are ready to go back, be at the bus on the hour to go back, be ready and waiting, he won't stop if no one is standing by the road. Be early esp for the return trip. It seems like the bus ride is about a half hour. Fun bus ride and really cool beach we saw surfers too. The bus ride itself is a pretty cool driving tour of Barbados and we have met lots of fun locals and other tourists. Here is a link to my youtube video of Bathsheba.

It's not the best video and is from beach level, there is so much more to the beach. from the top of the hill it is even more amazing!

Thank you for sharing your experience. If we get back, we'll definitely take the bus there. Loved your video and I thought it was great. We wanted to get down on the beach in addition to seeing Bathsheba from above.