President's Cruise

scapel

The President's Cruise I was on earlier this year on Quest from Barcelona to Monaco was pretty much business-as-usual. At the Captain's Welcome Toast, Captain Carl Smith pointed out the President in the audience... and that was it for the week. I never saw or heard from him again (despite being in an Owner's Suite and being Elite). I later learned from someone that the President "had been very busy with the local travel agents". Apparently that's more important than the guests onboard. If anything, this cruise was actually less special because they skipped the Best of the Best dinner because everyone was too busy with the President.

In short, for something that is actively marketed and sold as "President's Cruise", it was disappointing. Lesson learned.

Floris

The President's Cruise I was on earlier this year on Quest from Barcelona to Monaco was pretty much business-as-usual. At the Captain's Welcome Toast, Captain Carl Smith pointed out the President in the audience... and that was it for the week. I never saw or heard from him again (despite being in an Owner's Suite and being Elite). I later learned from someone that the President "had been very busy with the local travel agents". Apparently that's more important than the guests onboard. If anything, this cruise was actually less special because they skipped the Best of the Best dinner because everyone was too busy with the President.

In short, for something that is actively marketed and sold as "President's Cruise", it was disappointing. Lesson learned.

Floris

Floris,

Thanks for that explanation. Were you perhaps on a Panama Canal cruise on the Millennium when there was a party in the Penthouse Suite?

The President's Cruise I was on earlier this year on Quest from Barcelona to Monaco was pretty much business-as-usual. .....

Floris

Hello Scapel and Floris -

In addition to the President's cruise link that "dln929" provided, I've included another that will take you to our Destination Immersion blog that features another story about the October 1st President's Cruise.

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/destination-immersion-blog/late-breaking-news-presidental-cover-up-major-expose/#more-772

Floris, I'm sorry to learn that your expectations were not met on your President's cruise. I assume you're referring to the Azamara Quest's April 3-10, 2013 voyage. I do remember that in addition to travel agents onboard there were also newspaper and trade press visiting the ship in conjunction with our Spring introduction of a more-inclusive complimentary beverage program along with a complimentary AzAmazing Evening event.

I do know that Mr. Pimentel finds it very important to be onboard to experience the service delivery process and spending time with the Azamara guests to gain feedback, both positive and constructive. Also, it's an opportunity to engage one-on-one with the crew and staff and gain their feedback.

Floris, I understand your disappointment but nevertheless wanted to share some background information so that you could appreciate the scheduling dynamics that occurred during your voyage. Going forward, I'm confident that a more balanced approach will be followed on this upcoming President's cruise.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Floris, I understand your disappointment but nevertheless wanted to share some background information so that you could appreciate the scheduling dynamics that occurred during your voyage. Going forward, I'm confident that a more balanced approach will be followed on this upcoming President's cruise.

Thanks Bill! Regardless, I would never recommend booking a cruise simply because it's marketed as a President's Cruise.

Floris

Floris,

I can understand your disappointment. We have stayed in the Owners Suite on Quest and really enjoyed the Best of the Best dnner with Captain Carl Smith (especially with the harpist there to greet us).

Archived