Tell me about your Cove balcony room!

2Okies

We are on the Magic in January and booked our first Cove balcony. We stayed on the 7th floor last year w/a balcony room and really enjoyed it, but when booking, Carnival told us that they would recommend we try a Cove balcony (which was cheaper!) so we are gonna give it a try.

Tell me what you liked about yours? Can you see any sea-life at that level? We are really excited about being so close to the water!

We are on the Magic in January and booked our first Cove balcony. We stayed on the 7th floor last year w/a balcony room and really enjoyed it, but when booking, Carnival told us that they would recommend we try a Cove balcony (which was cheaper!) so we are gonna give it a try.

Tell me what you liked about yours? Can you see any sea-life at that level? We are really excited about being so close to the water!

We had a cove balcony on our recent Breeze cruise and LOVED it... we had a 6th floor balcony on last year's Liberty cruise but to be honest, I enjoyed the cove more. Yes, it is cheaper. We didn't have any problems with feeling too much movement from the ocean. My son and I did see some dolphins on our first sea day but unfortunately, we were looking down from the Lido deck. I don't think that we would've got a close up view from our room because they were on the starboard side and our room was port side. I would definitely get another cove balcony! Enjoy your cruise.

Oops...forget to tell you what I loved about the cove....EVERYTHING! It seemed to be more private than the regular balcony (if that makes sense). I loved sitting out at night and listening to the ocean and waking up to the sunrises. Just PERFECT.

We had a cove balcony on our recent Breeze cruise and LOVED it... Oops...forget to tell you what I loved about the cove....EVERYTHING! It seemed to be more private than the regular balcony (if that makes sense). I loved sitting out at night and listening to the ocean and waking up to the sunrises. Just PERFECT.

...Agree 100%! We've sailed in balconies and they're nice, but IMHO, they don't have the appeal of the coves. And I agree, they do seem very private. Sitting out there at night, smelling the sea, looking at the stars and listening to the water splash off the bow was great!

The coves are awesome! I've never understood the appeal of a balcony on those high decks, but being that close to the water was amazing. Plenty of people report seeing dolphins or flying fish, but we didn't have any luck. We still loved the cove. Much better, more private, and a slightly larger balcony than the higher up, more expensive ones. Plus, I love being on deck 2. It's so convenient to be able to use stairs when the elevators are the busiest. The only time we need elevators, they're not very busy.

Archived