Australia & New Zealand or Panama Canal?

We have traveled the world and can state that New Zealand is one of the most beautiful places we have seen. Such diversity. The north and South Islands are nothing a like.

Sitting on your balcony with a glass of champagne watching Milford sound go by is a life highlight.

In Australia we love the Great Barrier Reef. There is many sailing trips you can do.

This may be a silly question, but if you were going to go for a balcony and you wanted to enjoy the Milford Sounds, which side of the ship would you go for?

For the sounds, it won't make a difference.

For the main one (Milford sound), your ship will do a loop inside, so both sides will see both sides.

For the others you go one way, but there are equivalent views on either side, and it depends which way you're going on the cruise as to which side things will be.

I agree about Milford Sound. It doesn't make much difference which side of the ship. There is so much beautiful scenery, and our two trips went through Milford, Dusky and Doubtful Sound. All really beautiful, and by the end of the day you are almost unable to absorb too much more! It is really spectacular.

I don't know how true it is, but we have been there twice on cruises, and last time apparently there was someone that had been on 11 cruises to there and only been able to get in 2 times due to bad weather?

The first time we had a rainy day, and the waterfalls and mist were spectacular. It was really mystical and had a great atmosphere. Second time a really nice mild day and the photos were better with sunshine, but I don't know if you actually can have a day where you can't go in?

We have been on land based trips over to NZ as well as the 2 cruises, and plan to go many more times. It is a beautiful place, and the food and scenery are just great. I would describe it as "open for business". They want the tourism dollar, but it is not so over run that they have become complacent. :)

How about an aft cabin as you get to see both sides?

When we were sailing into the sounds the captain warned us that due to weather conditions and the need to get a pilot on board we may not be going in! The enterance is very narrow but deep. We ended up making it but I can understand that some ships have not. The waterfalls were amazing as we're the dolphins swimming near the ship

Archived