Bar Prices

jessiecat

There are a couple of wines in each "color" under $8. Maybe 2 in the dining room in each category and more than that at some of the bars.

For the extra $10/day or so I'd strongly recommend the Premium Package. If you're on a ship w/ the Molecular bar, the Classic package is kind of useless and at the Martini bar your options are limited. Personally I'd either do the Premium Package or not do any alcohol package. Obviously we may have different tastes, but it just opens up so many more options. I mean heck, 1 drink at the Molecular bar and you've made up the difference.

There are a couple of wines in each "color" under $8. Maybe 2 in the dining room in each category and more than that at some of the bars.

For the extra $10/day or so I'd strongly recommend the Premium Package. If you're on a ship w/ the Molecular bar, the Classic package is kind of useless and at the Martini bar your options are limited. Personally I'd either do the Premium Package or not do any alcohol package. Obviously we may have different tastes, but it just opens up so many more options. I mean heck, 1 drink at the Molecular bar and you've made up the difference.

For others that maybe reading, I'll just add that if you want to try the many different beers in Michaels on Reflection, many of them are not included in the classic package.

Here is a copy of a recent main dining room wine list.

http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Celebrity%20MDR%20Wine%20List%20-%20Eclipse%20March%202013.pdf

Here is a web site with some bar menus another Cruise Critic member posted:

http://www.thepreismans.com/med_silhouette_menus.htm

If you are unsure then wait until you get on board. You can always buy a package, or upgrade a package, on board. You can even do this a few days after the cruise begins at a prorated price. This is available on board until 2 or 3 days before the end of your cruise.

I agree 100%. Also, if you fancy a treat and want something over your $12, you only pay the difference with the premium package, on the classic you'd have to pay the full price.

Lou

Pretty easy calculation. If you are satisfied with standard beer and house well or call liquor brands then the classic ought to be fine. However, if you prefer premium beers and liquors, or if would hang out at the martini bar a lot, then the premium package is better. Plus there will be an increased choice in wines by the glass under the premium package. It gets even easier if you are sailing on a S class ship with a molecular bar. Just one drink a day at the Molecular covers the price differential between the classic and premium packages. Duh! Sign me up. Keep in mind also that under the classic package you pay the entire price for a drink that exceeds $8 - not merely the amount that the drink exceeds $8. Under the premium package though, any drink over $12 is charged only at the additional cost above $12.

Thank you everyone for your replies. It was very helpful, however I still can't decide whether to purchase a Beverage Package or not. I have to work out whether I will be drinking $63 per day worth of drinks.....

If you are unsure of it then don't buy the package. The bottom line is that the packages are expensive! I'm sure Celebrity priced them above the average passengers spending level as their goal would be to increase revenues and not to decrease sales. The packages are really best for those who would buy above average quantities of the included beverages and/or those who are willing to pay extra for an all inclusive type experience. I'd recommend starting the cruise just paying for drinks one at a time as you go. Then after you check out the on board prices and your own consumption for a day or more you can still buy a package on board, at a prorated price, if you decide you'd rather have a package. They sell them, and do upgrades, on board until the second or third day before the end of the cruise.

Thanks Lsimon. You've convinced me not to go with the package. I feel there is too much pressure to try and get my moneys worth. It would be different if I was back in my 20's when drinking alcohol was all that mattered!

We are only doing the 3 night cruise on the Solstice and I think we'll be busy just exploring the ship.

Thanks Lsimon. You've convinced me not to go with the package. I feel there is too much pressure to try and get my moneys worth. It would be different if I was back in my 20's when drinking alcohol was all that mattered!

We are only doing the 3 night cruise on the Solstice and I think we'll be busy just exploring the ship.

If you are doing a three night cruise it won't make that big of a difference. If in the end you find you wished you had a package then you'll know what to do next cruise on Celebrity.

Archived