Yacht club deck preference

salvat55

I think I am about 4 decks lower.

The tradeoff is that we wanted a Y2 room.

We have never stayed on the front of a ship before ( and we are in the VERY front) but most newer, large ships are very stable.

Lucky for us, we do not get seasick !

cannot wait for the yacht club experience !

For those who have sailed in the Yacht club which deck would you

choose 15 or 16 and why ?

Also since the Yacht club is located at the front of the ship

how is the motion of the ship ?

We were on deck 15 of Divina and it was very quiet. I'm sure deck 16 , which I believe would suffer from footfall and dragging of sunbeds on the "One Deck" which, although it is situated on deck 18 is directly overhead of deck 16. THERE IS NO DECK 17 (because of the Italian superstition about the number 17.

Deck 15 was also handy for the concierge desk and the main lounge at the front of the ship. So we had no stairs to negociate at all.

If you are going for a YC1 cabin I would try and book one of the "square" floor plan cabins (8 of them on Divina and Preziosa and 12 on Fantasia and Splendida.) if you have the chance of booking one of these:- 16032/3/4/5 and 15028/29/30/31 on this image (divina). Booking one of these would override the choice of deck 15 or 16

yc2.jpg

As for movement we weren't aware of any, but then the biggest winds we encountered were force 4/5.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

We were on deck 15 of Divina and it was very quiet. I'm sure deck 16 , which I believe would suffer from footfall and dragging of sunbeds on the "One Deck" which, although it is situated on deck 18 is directly overhead of deck 16. THERE IS NO DECK 17 (because of the Italian superstition about the number 17.

Deck 15 was also handy for the concierge desk and the main lounge at the front of the ship. So we had no stairs to negociate at all.

If you are going for a YC1 cabin I would try and book one of the "square" floor plan cabins (8 of them on Divina and Preziosa and 12 on Fantasia and Splendida.) if you have the chance of booking one of these:- 16032/3/4/5 and 15028/29/30/31 on this image (divina). Booking one of these would override the choice of deck 15 or 16

yc2.jpg

As for movement we weren't aware of any, but then the biggest winds we encountered were force 4/5.

Pete

Thanks Pete for your always valuable info on MSC, we were wondering the same question as the OP and your response helped us make up our mind. Thanks again for your time.

• 3 months later...
All aboard, sorry for digging up an old thread but I was wondering why the starboard cabins or hallway is high traffic?

Thanks

My thought would be that the stairs down from deck 16 point you at the starboard side entrance as you descend and people naturally head for the exit they can see rather than the one over their right shoulder which is a lot less obvious as it goes via a small corridor set futher back from the stairs.

Look carefuly at the deck plans above and you'll see what I mean

Pete

Edited by Skier52

We have booked 16002 on the Preziosa,what do you think? Is it ok Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

You get more square footage for a YC1 suite at the expense of a view from the balcony.

the forward view is a little restricted downwards by the metal "wind deflector" at the lower part of the forward egde of the balcony. see image below (most probably cabin 16005 of Divina )

a metal barrier stops you going forward to the front of the balcony. iN addition there are solid partitions (between adjoining cabins,) restricting the sideways views, so the total view is a little tunnel like.

Couple that with high air speeds through the cabin whilst the ship is sailing makes the cabin less "balcony friendly" than the other sideways facing cabins.

Deck 16 is also directly beneath the "One Deck" (on deck 18 ) there is no deck 17 and so may be subject to noise from dragging sunbeds etc and footfall of people using the area

front.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52