Emerald princess gym equipment

2XTRADIRTIES

I will be on the Emerald on Sept 26 and was wondering if anyone could tell me about the gym .... What there is equipment -wise besides treadmills. Also has anyone taken Pilates onboard ? I am desperately attempting to avoid putting on my usual cruise 8-10 pounds and still enjoy all my favorite food/drinks for 10 days. Thank you !

They will have treadmills, ellipticals and bikes for cardio, if I remember correctly, about a dozen treadmills, 3-4 ellipticals and 2-3 bikes.

Most of these machines will probably have a TV, so bring your headphones. Some of the newer machines have an IPOD plug in capability as well.

Free weights and several toning specific weight machines will also be available.

As far as classes, it depends on who's running the show. They will most likely have Pilates and/or Yoga classes, for additional $, some free toning classes. Some cruises have spinning classes and almost the entire fleet now has Zumba, our favorite, classes for free.

Check with a current roll call or live from thread on the Emerald and ask the question as well.

Thanks to one of the links billco provided, it looks like DH is going to have a problem using some of the machines. He is 6'5 - 6'6 so it looks like the elliptical and possibly the treadmill will not work for him. I'm not sure he's going to be willing to do without them when we are on the Emerald for over two weeks. Darn, we'd really like to do that cruise.

Thanks to one of the links billco provided, it looks like DH is going to have a problem using some of the machines. He is 6'5 - 6'6 so it looks like the elliptical and possibly the treadmill will not work for him. I'm not sure he's going to be willing to do without them when we are on the Emerald for over two weeks. Darn, we'd really like to do that cruise.
Emerald has a small jogging track on Deck 19 or one can run around the ship on the Promenade/Emerald Decks. Will these help in your decision?

Princess_Cruise_Gym.jpg

Fitness_Center01.JPG

Fitness_Center_3.JPG

Wow that is a serious fitness fanatic if he'll give up two week cruise because of no gym :eek: Why don't you have him just stop and buy a 10 and 20lb kettle ball in your departure port. I think that should be able to keep anyone pretty fit :D

My husband is about 6'3" and was too tall to use the ellipticals on the Grand this summer, but was able to sue the treadmills just fine. We were on the Emerald last year and I don't recall him having a problem using either, he must have been able to use the elliptical on the Emerald or he wouldn't have tried it on the Grand not knowing he would be too close to the ceiling. Also, as stated above, the Emerald does have a jogging track. It's small, and takes a lot of times around to make a mile (I can't remember how many, I want to say 13 or 16) but I actually preferred it to the treadmill.

billco - thanks for the pictures. It looks like the treadmills should work. DH has decided that he can run stairs if need be instead of the elliptical. You've been very helpful.

Depending on the time of day, the stairs can be great. For outdoors, there are stairs on the aft end up and around the kids area. Nice views. These are wooden staircases, so not a lot of give in the structure.

For indoors there are little used aft stairs from Deck 16 to Deck 18. Early in the morning, most of the stair cases are relatively people free. All of the indoor staircases are nice and cushy with carpeting and padding.

billco - thanks for the pictures. It looks like the treadmills should work. DH has decided that he can run stairs if need be instead of the elliptical. You've been very helpful.

Glad to be of help. The gym may not open until 7:00 AM, so I will run stairs while I am waiting. Usually deck 4 to Deck 15 ten times. Sometimes I will get surprised or quizzical looks from people getting on and off the elevators.

there have been times the treadmills were not available to use until 8 am. that happened to us this past March. Evidently rooms below complained. otherwise very nice gym with lots of options.

I was very upset by that change. Totally rediculous.

So, the next day, I tried to use the running track. The deck 19 call button on the elevator was

disabled, and the doorway on the inside stairwell was locked.

They told me this was locked at night, to protect the portrait studio gear in the same are.

The whole thing put me in a foul mood, and it was handled onboard in the most repulsive way possible.

Consumate Host? What a joke.

Archived