Rome Opera

magnet1640

I noticed that Turandot is on at the opera theatre in Rome when i'm there. I want to get tickets. But since i am packing light for my trip, i am not bringing a suit and will have casual attire only. I know that Italians take their opera seriously. Will i get without a suit? Does anyone have experience here?

We have been to the opera in Rome and wore nice cruise clothes and felt appropriate--but I just can't remember what the majority were wearing. Will you have a jacket with you?

I was hoping to NOT have a jacket. Thank you for the advice. I will just wear all black and not stand out. cheers.

We too have attended the opera (La Traviata) in Rome - most wore jackets of some type.

We are headed to Europe again in 3.5 weeks...... at the end of our cruise we will be attending Madame Butterfly at the Venice opera (La Fenice) and I have been told it is more formal than Rome opera......

We too have attended the opera (La Traviata) in Rome - most wore jackets of some type.

We are headed to Europe again in 3.5 weeks...... at the end of our cruise we will be attending Madame Butterfly at the Venice opera (La Fenice) and I have been told it is more formal than Rome opera......

Tis true. Probably because in Rome the audience is largely locals which is not true in Venice.

Archived