Sailing Oct 20 on Allure - a couple of questions

Jrlady

Sailing on October 20th on the Allure of the Seas!!! Can't believe its finally here. But I realized that I have been so focused on the cruise that I haven't planned for getting to and from the ship. :o

My husband and I arrive on October 19th and we are thinking that we will stay at the Embassy Suites. They have an option to purchase a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the port on Sunday.

Does anyone know how much it cost to get a cab from the airport to the Embassy Suites hotel?

Upon our return from the cruise, we have a 12:50 flight. Are there cabs available from the port? If so, how much to the airport? We have used the bus service offered through the cruise line before and had to wait over an hour for the bus to fill. So we definitely are looking for another option.

Any information is very much appreciated!!!

We stayed at the Embassy Suites when we sailed on Allure last year, and we're staying there again exactly 2 weeks after you are.

I don't remember the prices, but I do remember thinking we would've been better off NOT paying through the hotel for transfers. Sorry I can't remember the exact amounts, but I'm sure we decided when we were there that next time we'd do it all a la carte.

I remember one thing I didn't like was having to call the hotel for the ride when we got to baggage claim and then waiting what seemed like a long time for the van to arrive.

As far as when you get off the ship, there are taxis. I don't think I've ever seen such a huge line of taxis in my life, and I'm a city boy. I don't know the cost from port to airport because we had a late flight and got a day rate at a hotel.

We (my DH, DD, and I) are sailing on the 20th as well. Make sure you join us over on the roll call board for our cruise. We fly in on the 19th but we are staying at the Hampton Inn City Center. Free shuttle to port for up to 2 people additional is $7.

I am renting a car when I fly in on the 19th in the morning. This way I can sightsee to my hearts content, and also go out and eat at places I do not have at home.

I am dropping it off at the Budget rent-a-car location on 17th street and they have a free shuttle to the port.

On the last day, I will just take a cab to the airport since I am flying out that day.

Just a warning if you want embassy suites better check if available. When I tried for that night few weeks back was no openings. But that often changes. Decided to go with HI express since had points to get it free and haven't checked ES since. But wouldn't wait. We are also on the Oct 20 Allure cruise.

Thank you all for your feedback.

I just booked a room at Embassy Suites for the evening of the 19th. I did it on-line, there did seem to be other rooms available.

Taxies seem to be the way go, although I am going to look into a one day car rental which would provide us more flexibility.

I did join the meet and mingle on the RCL website. I will go over to roll call now.

Thanks!

Archived