Just booked first RCI cruise!

CruiserJul

DH and I just booked a 3 night on the Enchantment of the Seas for his 50th birthday! He wants to be sitting on Coco Cay on his birthday! As you can see from my sig we mostly cruise Carnival so it will be interesting to compare the two. I always wanted to try RCI but Carnival's price was always a little better. I expect more will be the same than different. Although I see RCI has smaller cabins :(. Can't wait to see how the MDR food compares as well as the shows.

Congratulations! You're going to have a great time! We are RCCL Diamond members, and just took our first Carnival cruise and loved it! There are pros and cons to both. Really can't be compared. We have both scheduled now!

Have a wonderful cruise! :)

Welcome to Royal. I hope you super like your cruise and that you'll come back and give us a quick comparison afterwards.

Welcome your husband to the age of the quinquagenarian.

I think you will really like Royal and the Enchantment. The Vision class is one of the smaller classes of ships. If you like it you may want to try a Voyager, Freedom, or even Oasis in the future. That's where Royal shines the most IMO.

Tom

DH and I just booked a 3 night on the Enchantment of the Seas for his 50th birthday! He wants to be sitting on Coco Cay on his birthday! As you can see from my sig we mostly cruise Carnival so it will be interesting to compare the two. I always wanted to try RCI but Carnival's price was always a little better. I expect more will be the same than different. Although I see RCI has smaller cabins :(. Can't wait to see how the MDR food compares as well as the shows.

I do plan on doing a review when I get back! I'm sure we will like the size of the Vision class - we like the Fantasy class on Carnival.

Do not know where you live, buy if you are in the NE, the Grandeur OTS leaving from Baltimore makes cruising delightful ... easy to board, depart, etc. and the best size ship of the fleet!

Herb :confused:

Do not know where you live, buy if you are in the NE, the Grandeur OTS leaving from Baltimore makes cruising delightful ... easy to board, depart, etc. and the best size ship of the fleet!

Herb :confused:

We live in Ohio and I have been on a cruise out of Baltimore....the Carnival Pride. It was nice to be able to drive (about 7 hours) to port and not worry about airfare.

You will have a great time.

Archived