Tipping in the Epic Club

Ed

Not stayed in the Haven before and plan on doing all our meals, breakfast, lunch and dinners in the Epic club except for maybe two nights in Le Bistro for our two complimentary dinners.

Does the wait staff remain the same for the entire cruise and can you request the same servers if you like them.

. We are on a 14 day TA so I am sure we are going to know the wait staff well. How have others tipped the staff in the a Epic club and do you include the Maître D?

Hi Neighbor!

The Epic club is a great perk. Lucky you with 14 days of it!!!

Our first experience in 2010 had staff exclusively assigned to the Epic Club. Our last experience in Feb 2013 had fewer regulars and staff from all other specialty restaurants also worked in the Epic Club. IMO, the experience and service was not the same. However, it is still very good/excellent. I suppose you could request the same server being they were working that night in the Epic Club.

Here are some recomendations: Best meal in Epic Club: Wild Mushroom Ravioli

Best drink in Epic Lounge: Apple Manhattan

As good as the Epic Club is, I dont find it realistic to eat there every night as you say you will for 12 days. The menu is good but extremely limited. You will get bored quick. Epic has so many great restaurants that it would be a shame to not try others. Teppanyaki , Shanghais, and Cagneys are excellent!

As good as the Epic Club is, I dont find it realistic to eat there every night as you say you will for 12 days. The menu is good but extremely limited. You will get bored quick. Epic has so many great restaurants that it would be a shame to not try others. Teppanyaki , Shanghais, and Cagneys are excellent!

Don't forget the Noodle Bar, O'Sheehan's and Moderno too! So many choices, so little time. Wait...PLENTY of time :)

Hi Neighbor!

The Epic club is a great perk. Lucky you with 14 days of it!!!

Our first experience in 2010 had staff exclusively assigned to the Epic Club. Our last experience in Feb 2013 had fewer regulars and staff from all other specialty restaurants also worked in the Epic Club. IMO, the experience and service was not the same. However, it is still very good/excellent. I suppose you could request the same server being they were working that night in the Epic Club.

Here are some recomendations: Best meal in Epic Club: Wild Mushroom Ravioli

Best drink in Epic Lounge: Apple Manhattan

Agreed!

Even with the "daily special" for the evening meal the menus are quite limited and get old pretty quick. On the Epic we ate there 3 nights - and that was enough for us.

FYI...the menus on for the Haven restaurant on the Breakaway are identical. We didn't do any dinners there last week - too many other choices! ;)

Edited by happy cruzin

Not stayed in the Haven before and plan on doing all our meals, breakfast, lunch and dinners in the Epic club except for maybe two nights in Le Bistro for our two complimentary dinners.

Does the wait staff remain the same for the entire cruise and can you request the same servers if you like them.

. We are on a 14 day TA so I am sure we are going to know the wait staff well. How have others tipped the staff in the a Epic club and do you include the Maître D?

We've been on Epic in Haven a few times for 14 to 18 days at a time. We eat breakfast there every morning, lunch occasionally, and dinner a few times. The wait staff pretty much remains the same, a couple switch in and out.

We bring cash and tip modest amounts at each meal that we do in EC.

Or, you can ask for a guest check so you can offer a tip.

Or, you can wait until the end and tip your servers, although there are a few that will fall through the cracks with this option.

There is also a maître d' (two generally that switch off) so the decision is completely up to you.

Final option: Since the staff IS part of the tipping pool, you can say "thank you" and call it a day.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone do daily tipping in the Epic club after each meal and if so what do you base it on.

Since I've subscribed to this thread, I'll offer an answer, assuming you'll check back in, less than two months later.

If you have a nice breakfast landside, It'll probably cost $20 bucks, so a tip of $4 or $5 would be appropriate. Same premise for lunch.

Or as I said in a post on Sept 26th, don't feel obligated to tip at all. All servers in specialty restaurants are part of the DSC.

Edited by Us2inFL