Pride vs. Splendor - thoughts?

cincin102110

Hi All,

We are looking to book a cruise in March/April on either the Pride or the Splendor. We are currently booked on the splendor but I think I may switch it to the Pride. We had a blast on her in the summer. The only reason I am hesitant is because I was really looking for some Carnival 2.0 upgrades. I know Splendor doesn't really have any of the 2.0 amenities either... but seems to be a newer ship. Anyone sail on both and have an opinion about which one to book?

Thanks!

I have sailed both the Pride and the Splendor and if I had to pick a ship it would be the Pride, as I love the Spirit class ships. The Pride had a much easier flow then the Splendor. With that being said though we enjoyed the Splendor too, you just have to learn to navigate your way around the ship as it is split up a little, once you do that, it really isn't a problem. You will hear talk of all the "pink" but that didn't bother us at all. I would suggest you look at the itinerary and the embarkation port and choose from that as well. You can also do a Google image of both ships and find lots of pictures of both ships if that may help. Either way I think you will have a great cruise!

We are sailing on the Splendor in 19 days will let you know , when we get back. I know the Splendor is a bigger ship then the pride and we have sailed on the Pride in 2010 so Im looking forward to sailing on a bigger ship. Standing next to a ship and looking up gives you the feeling of being in New York looking up at the buildings they are massive

I have sailed on both, and choosing between the two would be a quandary for me. Their Caribbean itineraries are virtually identical. First, I love the Spirit Class ships the best, having sailed the Legend, Pride, & Miracle a total of 8 times. They do not feel crowded, are easier to navigate, and their Serenity areas, which are important to us, are the best of the fleet, except for maybe the Sunshine.

On the Splendor's side, sailing from New York is always a treat. Splendor cruises are 8 days, with two sea days on the way down, and two sea days on the way back, which we like. Pricing on the 8 day Splendor cruises is cheaper than the 7 day Pride cruises for the most part, which is a big plus. The main negative for us was the Serenity area, which doesn't even have a hot tub, and golf balls rain down on you from the mini golf course directly above. However, the Aft Pool and hot tubs are adults only, just don't have the comfy loungers like up in Serenity.

Since you have already sailed on the Pride, check out my recent Splendor review, link below, and maybe it will help you make that final decision. Either way, I think you'll have a GREAT cruise.

Hi All,

We are looking to book a cruise in March/April on either the Pride or the Splendor. We are currently booked on the splendor but I think I may switch it to the Pride. We had a blast on her in the summer. The only reason I am hesitant is because I was really looking for some Carnival 2.0 upgrades. I know Splendor doesn't really have any of the 2.0 amenities either... but seems to be a newer ship. Anyone sail on both and have an opinion about which one to book?

Thanks!

I haven't sailed on the pride but I sailed on another spirit class ship, the legend , in 2006 and that remains my favorite ship to date. Close behind the legend is the splendor. We went on her in may and we are booked again for January. We did the glory in August and we compared her to the splendor the whole time and booked our January cruise six days after we got home. The splendor was a wonderful time. I don't think you could go wrong with either a spirit class ship or the splendor. I would pick based on what works best for you in terms of price and itinerary :)

With both itineraries being virtually identical, I'd take the Pride. Less crowded, easier flow, more options of cabin categories, not as gaudy. But, since you've already sailed the Pride, perhaps you want to sail something new to you, that part I can't advise you on. :)

Thanks so much for your input everyone! I called today and changed to the Pride based on reviews, ports, price, and your opinions. I loved the Pride, and want to sail on her one more time before she leaves for Tampa! I think we were just disappointed with the dry dock change - looking forward to seeing her spruced up a bit :). We have sailed out of Baltimore 3 times already... so we are comfortable with that... and the ports of call are virtually the same (Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and we will be doing Freeport instead of Nassau).

Have fun on all of your future cruises!

Archived