What's up with Jolly Pirates?

jetstorm

I tried to book the morning snorkel tour with lunch for later in December and I commented on the registration form my cruise ship's name, date of arrival and time (8am) and they sent a confirmation email saying their check would change on December 13, 2013 to 8:15 am and sail at 9:00. They used to meet about 9am and sail at 9:30. No way you can get off the ship, take a taxi to the beach where their shop is to check in by 8:15. (They don't do cruise port pick ups, you must take a bus or taxi to the meeting place) I sent them an email back telling there was no way that would work for us and they replied they would credit my card. They must have enough hotel business they don't need cruise business.

If you look back in the forum, if I am not mistaken, JP's was no longer accepting books from cruise passengers due to contractual obligations with the cruise lines.

As an outsider looking in, it appears that this may no longer be the case. They do however only have two boats, they cannot change the schedule of their ship(s) to accommodate outside cruise guests if they already have one ship dedicated to a cruise ship excursion.

You may want to see if Jolly Pirates is offered as a shore excursion from your cruise ship. Then you will have transportation and the pirates won't leave without you.

Arubalisa,

Thanks for the information. There web page doesn't state anything to that effect however and they took for reservation registration even though I clearly stated I was on a cruise ship. I even named the ship, the arrival date and time of arrival. Obviously they didn't read my notes. It wasn't until I received the email confirmation that I read about the new time for check in which starts on Dec. 13th.

Archived