Wine Tasting Lunch or Dinner

Has anyone done this recently?

We did it May 2004 on the Maasdam when it was offered on a special night for everyone - $50 a person.

Now you have to tell the Pinnacle at least a day in advance if you want to have that dinner - we did it once - but it wasn't as much fun since no one else was doing it.

And now we saw on the Zuiderdam that they also have a wine tasting lunch offered one day - for a couple of dollars less than the price of the dinner wine tasting.

Although we've been to wine tastings onboard, they were held in the dining room. I don't recall a wine tasting dinner or lunch in the Pinnacle Grill. We'll be on the Zuiderdam Dec. 30 sailing; how can I find out if the wine tasting meals will be offered? Our son and his wife will be with us on their first ever cruise and I know they also would really enjoy that. Thank you.

On the 35 day Rio-Seattle onboard the Amsterdam, I do not recall a Pinnacle Grill wine tasting evening or afternoon. WE DID HAVE a wine tasting time in the main diningroom and I believe we paid $40.00usd.

The wine tasting group was about twenty and NOT well done at all. Not even a glass of water on your table. Felt that they could have done a much better job and trust that HAL will do so. Happy Sailings...Leslie Swiger:)

A 6-course menu was offered on my recent (3/31/05) Maasdam cruise. A different wine was served with each course. It was fabulous. The charge was $49.95 and worth every penny. I did not reserve ahead of time, it was done on a whim.

For the wine tasting luncheon on the Zuiderdam, on the first day of the cruise, down by the front desk, there was a stack of pepers describing what was included in the 5 course meal along with the wines that would be served. Price was $48 and it was held on the last sea day at 12:30.

Nothing was ever passed out to the passengers.

Suite passengers couldn't go to it the first week as that was when we had our suite luncheon in the Crow's Nest.

For the wine tasting luncheon on the Zuiderdam, on the first day of the cruise, down by the front desk, there was a stack of pepers describing what was included in the 5 course meal along with the wines that would be served. Price was $48 and it was held on the last sea day at 12:30.

Nothing was ever passed out to the passengers.

Suite passengers couldn't go to it the first week as that was when we had our suite luncheon in the Crow's Nest.

.....unless, of course, like us they do not attend the Suite Lunch. We have never gone in over 40+ cruises in an "S". :o Seems almost to be 'policy' with us at this point. ;)

I am curious. Why would you never go to a Suite Lunch?

They are very nice. We have always enjoyed them when we were lucky enough to afford a suite. We were assigned a table with the captain once and had a wonderful time.

Odd Ball

Hal doesn't have a suite sit-down luncheon any more on most of their ships. They were stopped in 2003. Now they do a suite buffet on the last sea day in the Crow's Nest - right after the Mariner's Party.

The only ship - and Captain Maurik said that as long as he is captain of the Statendam and on long cruises there will be suite sit-down luncheons - Oct/Nov 2004 - 21 day Pan-American cruise.

We didn't even have one on our 16 Orinoco Cruise on the Rotterdam in 2003 or our 13 day May cruise on the Maasdam in 2004.

Archived