What to see in French Qtr, Waterfront & Garden Dist?

spaghetti

There is a luggage service that will take your bags to the airport. It worked out great for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thx, we will check that service out. Last time we cruised they didn't offer that service for Southwest Airlines, but maybe they do now. We'll see. Smooth sailing and again thanks for the info.

Thx, we will check that service out. Last time we cruised they didn't offer that service for Southwest Airlines, but maybe they do now. We'll see. Smooth sailing and again thanks for the info.

It's not through the airline, it's an independent company that has a building just outside the port terminal. You give them your bags and they keep them until you meet them at the airport. Then you check in as usual for your flight. Here's the website - http://www.advancecheckin.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

The World War II museum is nice and very well done. Lots of video footage and interesting clips. Even if you aren't a WWII buff. http://www.nationalww2museum.org/

The French Quarter is made up of several streets - of which Bourbon St is one. Royal St runs parallel to Bourbon and has lots of antique shops. I personally have no desire to see Bourbon street during the day time, but a stroll down Royal is nice. Hop over on Bourbon early evening - you have to experience it.

Also, closer to the river a few blocks is Jackson Square. This is surrounded on three sides by small streets that are closed to traffic. Street entertainers, artists, fortune tellers sit around the square. Lots of history right here in this area.

A little bit further along the riverfront is the French Market, where vendors sell trinkets.

There is a trolley that runs along the riverfront (about 1.25 exact change) from the area near the port/convention center to the area around the French Market. You can get off at any point you want along the route. I love walking along the riverfront (this is the area that St Louis Cathedral is facing) - it is a nice paved sidewalk.

Since you are driving, you could easily tour one of the plantation homes on River Road (west, southwest of N.O.) prior to parking the car in N.O.

My husband must use a scooter or walker, can he enjoy the Bourbon Street, etc or should

we just stay close to the French Market?

My husband must use a scooter or walker, can he enjoy the Bourbon Street, etc or should

we just stay close to the French Market?[/QU,

Found the answer from people in the "same boat". Did get a lot of ideas from your postings,

so thanks.

we just stay close to the French Market?

I think he would be better on the scooter than with a walker. At night it is very busy with many many people drinking, so you would need to be quite careful.

During the day you can walk down the sidewalks, but there are usually a lot of people walking as well. You could go there, take a look and see if he would be ok. If you start out at the Canal Street entrance, you will know soon enough whether it is ok for him or not.

It is a very busy city, lots of tourists and people are not always patient. You can walk around anywhere with drinks in hand and the later it is in the day, the more you find people with drinks in hand.

It is an incredible place, we are going the end of Dec for our 3rd cruise out of NOLA. Hope that you enjoy your time there!

Dee