Typical for non-primary guest to get all the special offers?

KatieCharlotte

Just curious -- why does my DH get lots of "special offers" under his booking number but I have never gotten any? Sometime the "special offers" are a higher rate but with OBC that evens out, sometimes the "special offers" are actually a better deal during a less popular cruise week. Every ad we've received in the mail has been addressed to him, and Carnival has even called his cell. I booked all our cruises with myself as the primary guest and my credit card paying for the trip and all on board expenses. Hasn't it occurred to them that I probably make the travel plans? Is it common to advertise to the "non-primary guest" or possibly to the "male head of household"? I don't mean this as a criticism, just curious what other people's experiences are.

Just curious -- why does my DH get lots of "special offers" under his booking number but I have never gotten any? Sometime the "special offers" are a higher rate but with OBC that evens out, sometimes the "special offers" are actually a better deal during a less popular cruise week. Every ad we've received in the mail has been addressed to him, and Carnival has even called his cell. I booked all our cruises with myself as the primary guest and my credit card paying for the trip and all on board expenses. Hasn't it occurred to them that I probably make the travel plans? Is it common to advertise to the "non-primary guest" or possibly to the "male head of household"? I don't mean this as a criticism, just curious what other people's experiences are.

LOL! Same thing has happened at our house for several years!

I have always been the vacation guru -- I book, I pay, I get price drops, I fill out all of the paperwork, I am the "primary" and my phone is the primary phone number. Yet DH has been the one to receive all of the offers and even the guest survey after our last cruise! :o

Just last week I finally went into my account, took out my email address and reentered the exact same email address -- now -- voila! I am receiving the same stuff!:) You might give that a try -- re-set up your account.

Archived