where to stay in Galveston before cruise

jlewisrn

My daughter and I are traveling on RC in April. We are driving from Oklahoma the day before and want to stay in a hotel. I dont want to spend alot on the hotel but want somewhere clean and safe. How far is Texas City and would that be a convient place to stay? Thank you!

My daughter and I are traveling on RC in April. We are driving from Oklahoma the day before and want to stay in a hotel. I dont want to spend alot on the hotel but want somewhere clean and safe. How far is Texas City and would that be a convient place to stay? Thank you!

There are many hotels on the Seawall (Gulf of Mexico)

that are reasonable in pricing!

With 32 miles of beach it would be ashamed to stay in Texas City!

There is parking during cruises at most hotels

Try these for reasonable pricing unless it's spring break?:

Country Inn

Gaidos

Commodore

Holiday Inn Resort

Inn at Waterpark

La Quinta

Baymont

Super 8

Quality

Comfort Inn

Hampton

Best Western

Choice

Marriott

Beachfront

and others

try putting in bid on Bid sites

The better hotels are Galvez, Hilton, San Luis, Tremont and Harbor House

To answer your question, Texas City is just north of the bridge to the island. It would be about a 30 minute drive to the port the following morning.

If you can get a good deal, stay on the island. If not, TC is usually an economical alternative. You can always drive down to the island and have dinner, then go back to your hotel. It isn't that far!

Thank you! That helps. I think we will stay in Texas City. The distance isn't to bad and the prices are much better. We will be there later so I don't waste a lot of money for one night. That means more spending money!! Is Texas city the most convenient city or would you recommend another city. Thanks again!

Archived