RCCL drops Captain Morgan's Sailing Adventure, what to do instead?

bcarney

I received an email from Royal Caribbean that the "Captain Morgan's Sailing Adventure" on St. Maarten has been discontinued. I'd like some advice on what to replace it with.

Here's my situation - my wife and I (mid 40's) cruise with our 5 and 7 year old kids, but we try to have one day where they stay in Adventure Ocean and we go out on an excursion. My personal preference is something ocean based, like a catamaran or perhaps a high speed boat, with some beach time and swimming, and drinks on the way back to the ship.

I'd also like it to be in the afternoon; most all of the excursions available thorough Royal Caribbean - like Golden Eagle - start at 8:30am and are 3-4 hours long. It's our last island stop on Oasis so I'd like to end the day on a high note with this excursion, rather than end the day shopping in Phillipsburg...

I rarely book outside of RC but it seems that this is one time I'm going to have to do so. We've done the America's Cup one three times, and have been to SXM six or seven times already so we've pretty much exhuated what's available via the cruise line.

Any suggestions for excursions that might fit the bill?

Thanks all in advance for the insight.

I received an email from Royal Caribbean that the "Captain Morgan's Sailing Adventure" on St. Maarten has been discontinued. I'd like some advice on what to replace it with.

Here's my situation - my wife and I (mid 40's) cruise with our 5 and 7 year old kids, but we try to have one day where they stay in Adventure Ocean and we go out on an excursion. My personal preference is something ocean based, like a catamaran or perhaps a high speed boat, with some beach time and swimming, and drinks on the way back to the ship.

I'd also like it to be in the afternoon; most all of the excursions available thorough Royal Caribbean - like Golden Eagle - start at 8:30am and are 3-4 hours long. It's our last island stop on Oasis so I'd like to end the day on a high note with this excursion, rather than end the day shopping in Phillipsburg...

I rarely book outside of RC but it seems that this is one time I'm going to have to do so. We've done the America's Cup one three times, and have been to SXM six or seven times already so we've pretty much exhuated what's available via the cruise line.

Any suggestions for excursions that might fit the bill?

Thanks all in advance for the insight.

I have done Random Wind and I have done the Celine, about six months apart.

I perferred the Celine, but both were excellent.

You can google both names, and St. Maarten and you will find their websites.

Thanks all - I booked Random Wind today.

Good for you! Please tell us about it when you return.:)

Sometimes many of us find we are in the same situation -- easier to book through the ship but the excursion times just don't suit! :rolleyes:

LuLu

~~~~

• 6 months later...

Thanks to all that replied to my original query. My wife and I took Random Wind, and L-O-V-E-D it!!! Had a fantastic time, Eli and Trevor were the best hosts one can imagine.

The "tarzan" swing made my sunburn all the more worthwhile. :)

Cheers!