Carnival Catamaran Sail and Snorkle Tour

ohiowilly

I'm looking for reviews or experiences from anyone who has recently taken Carnival's Catamaran Sail and Snorkel excursion from Nassau.

Reviews on the Carnival web site for this excursion have been positive, but a few negative reviews sprinkled in. Anyone taken this tour recently?

Thanks

We have been on the catamaran snorkel tour in Cozumel and didn't enjoy it lat much. There were a lot of people and the snorkel time was only about 20 min. I am not sure how this one will be. What we are hoping to do is the Barefoot Sailing (12 people) 1/2 day sail/snorkel. It is not offered through carnival. Check out their website http://www.barefootsailingcruises.com/ cost for half a day reservations by email is 68.75 each (10%discount) we are looking at a start time of 9am back by 12.15 to walk around a bit before going back on the boat. We checked them out on Trip Advisor too. Here is the description.

Hope this helps....davey

Enjoy 3-1/4 hrs. of sailing and snorkeling fun! During this cruise experience about 1 1/2 hrs. Of actual "turn-off-the-engine-and-sail" time, and spend about 1 1/4 hrs. snorkeling - at a gorgeous coral reef, with lots & lots of fish in a maximum water depth of about 12'. Full snorkel gear & professional instruction are provided, and during the entire cruise there is unlimited complimentary fruit punch, iced tea, lemonade, and bottled water. After the snorkeling we serve cheese & cracker trays and during the sail home there is our delicious, unlimited complimentary Rum Punch. Bring a towel! Hotel transfers are included from most hotels. Adults $75.00pp (children under 12 - $65pp) . Usually 9am-12:15pm & 1-4:15pm. Offered almost every day...

We did this excursion in 2009 for our first cruise (I know it was a while ago), but it turned us off Carnival excursions. It was overly crowded on the catamaran, and we really didn't enjoy it at all. Since then we have always booked private excursions after a lot of research on here and trip advisor. They are usually a lot cheaper, too.

Friday I'm trying out Blue Hole Watersports' snorkeling trip. The reviews on TA were good, and I had seen it first recommended on this board. I'll post a review when I'm back next week.

Archived