Bringing wine aboard on a B2B cruise

jrobinso

This will be my first cruise since strict enforcement of the wine policy. I know we can carry on 1 bottle of wine per person. We will be doing two 3 day coastal cruises B2B (this will also be our first B2B cruise). Will we be able to bring aboard 2 bottles of wine per person? I will have my boarding pass for both cruises printed out. We board this Friday (10/4). Has anyone else done this?

Thanks for your input.

I know we can carry on 1 bottle of wine per person.

Don't sweat it. What you posted above is actually not the rule. Princess will allow you to bring on as much wine or Champagne as you want. The first bottle per person is free. The remaining bottles will be assessed a $15 per bottle corkage fee at the time of boarding (if Princess is following its own rule. If it is not following its rule, than all bottles come on for free.) But assuming strict enfocement, you can bring on 10 bottles at the time of departure of your cruise. The first bottle (per person) will be free of charge. The remaining 8 bottles will cost you $120. But rest assured, you can bring them on. There is no "one bottle limit" as is so often spoken of here.

Don't sweat it. What you posted above is actually not the rule. Princess will allow you to bring on as much wine or Champagne as you want. The first bottle per person is free. The remaining bottles will be assessed a $15 per bottle corkage fee at the time of boarding (if Princess is following its own rule. If it is not following its rule, than all bottles come on for free.) But assuming strict enfocement, you can bring on 10 bottles at the time of departure of your cruise. The first bottle (per person) will be free of charge. The remaining 8 bottles will cost you $120. But rest assured, you can bring them on. There is no "one bottle limit" as is so often spoken of here.

Thank you for the info. I guess my revised question is: Will I be charged a $15 corkage on my second bottle when I am actually doing 2 cruises?

Yes. After your first leg is over, you can get off the ship, procure another bottle, and bring that on for free. But if you tote all of your wine on when boarding the first leg, you are charged for all bottles that go beyond the first free one per person. Frankly, the corkage fee is so low that I would never plan my turnaround day to to try to circumvent the corkage fee. I would just bring all of my wine on at the first emarkation and pay the fee.

This will be my first cruise since strict enforcement of the wine policy. I know we can carry on 1 bottle of wine per person. We will be doing two 3 day coastal cruises B2B (this will also be our first B2B cruise). Will we be able to bring aboard 2 bottles of wine per person? I will have my boarding pass for both cruises printed out. We board this Friday (10/4). Has anyone else done this?

Thanks for your input.

I have asked too. I have not heard from anyone who has actual knowledge from trying. I am in the same situation on my first B2B cruise soon.

Jimmy's answer is operationally correct but I don't think it's based on asking Princess to do what we will be asking: hold the second voyage's bottles for us and return them to us prior to the second voyage.

Passage Contract: "...one bottle of wine or champagne per person of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage"

Two voyages, two bottles free per pax is what I will pursue politely.

Don't get me wrong. If I do get charged $15 per bottle after the first two, I won't fuss. It's not a bad rate.

But if I don't ask, I definitely won't get... That's what I've learned on CC...

You get to try first! Bon Voyage!

Rick

But if I don't ask, I definitely won't get... That's what I've learned on CC...

You get to try first! Bon Voyage!

Rick

Certainly can't hurt to ask. But personally, I would never hand over wines that I bring on vacation. If I am going to go through the trouble of lugging my wine around, it is going to be good bottles that never leave my possession, and are stored properly so as to minimize heat and vibration. I'd hate to lose a valuable bottle to even an "honest mistake". I would pay the $15 as insurance that the bottle makes it to my cabin, and then to the dining room table in drinkable condition.

If I am going to go through the trouble of lugging my wine around, it is going to be good bottles that never leave my possession, and are stored properly so as to minimize heat and vibration. I'd hate to lose a valuable bottle to even an "honest mistake". I would pay the $15 as insurance that the bottle makes it to my cabin, and then to the dining room table in drinkable condition.

Good point, well taken. And the mention of the Table means that the $15 will be paid, if not sooner, then later... :)

I want to sail with you one of these days, Mr. Jimmy! First bottle's on me!

Rick

Archived