Suite Jewel Pacific Coast Review with Pictures

alrichards4003

Yes, thank you for all the pictures and descriptions. We'll be on the Jewel in February with a different itinerary but I love seeing the pictures onboard the ship and getting food and drink info too.

I've never done a martini tasting but just might have to try it now!

Yes, thank you for all the pictures and descriptions. We'll be on the Jewel in February with a different itinerary but I love seeing the pictures onboard the ship and getting food and drink info too.

I've never done a martini tasting but just might have to try it now!

The martini tasting is always such a good time. I did it for the first time on the Epic and it was such a social event, the last one we had at least 70 people. For $15, it is such a good time, plus the martinis don't hurt either.

How great of you to take the time to do such a detailed review! We were on the same cruise and I considered (briefly!) doing one but yours covered it so well there was no need. I could add that we did a do it yourself pub crawl in downtown Victoria that was awesome especially on a chilly rainy day. Beautiful city. None of us really got anything out of Astoria at all and couldn't find a reason to return there. Had a spectacular bird's eye view of the America's Cup final in San Francisco from our deck 10 aft penthouse and really enjoyed being out in the crowds after the race. We also did a Big Bus hop on hop off tour in San Francisco which was good but man was it chilly crossing the Golden Gate Bridge on the open upper deck of that bus:D! Basically saw everything we needed to see though. We did the first martini tasting as well. What a great deal that was!

Sure wished we could have stayed on board for the Panama Canal leg! We also did two days in LA after but had a car and hit the coast. Anyway thanks again for your great review. I kept checking your pics to see if we might see someone we knew but didn't. Safe travels in the future.

Sure wished we could have stayed on board for the Panama Canal leg! We also did two days in LA after but had a car and hit the coast. Anyway thanks again for your great review. I kept checking your pics to see if we might see someone we knew but didn't. Safe travels in the future.

Thank you for your kind comments. I like taking public transportation, because I think you get a better feel for the city, but LA is definitely a city that you need a car. We must have crossed paths at some point, but especially during the martini tasting.

Thank you for your kind comments. I like taking public transportation, because I think you get a better feel for the city, but LA is definitely a city that you need a car. We must have crossed paths at some point, but especially during the martini tasting.

Yes when I look at where your pics were taken from at the martini tasting we would have been sitting a couple of tables over closer to the windows. I won one of the extra shots and gave it to someone behind me and over in your direction if that rings any bells.

This also gets your great review bumped up for those who may have missed it.:)

Yes when I look at where your pics were taken from at the martini tasting we would have been sitting a couple of tables over closer to the windows. I won one of the extra shots and gave it to someone behind me and over in your direction if that rings any bells.

This also gets your great review bumped up for those who may have missed it.:)

It does, I remember when you gave the shot away, not that any of us were deprived of alcohol, but I thought it was fun.

• 1 month later...
I'm so glad your review got bumped to the first page, because I missed it when you first did it. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of the review and all your gorgeous pictures. Thanks so much for taking the time to write in so much detail and adding the pictures which bring your words to life.

Thank you for comments and I am glad you liked the pictures. It definitely is encouraging and worth the time the picture reviews take.

Great review. I must have missed it first time around too. We did three cruises on the Jewel and we lived in the San Francisco Bay area for many years. You're pictures of both the Jewel and some of the ports you visited brought back many great memories.

Great review. I must have missed it first time around too. We did three cruises on the Jewel and we lived in the San Francisco Bay area for many years. You're pictures of both the Jewel and some of the ports you visited brought back many great memories.

Thanks. San Francisco is such a great city, I had been there before and can't wait to go back.