What to do with kids??? Leaving in 2 days

We sail on Elation 7/10 and were thinking we might explore Progresso on our own. The husbands may check out some ruins but my friend and I will be ushering 5 kids around, ages 3, 6, 9 & 12. What should we plan on doing? Maybe do a little shopping and spend a little time at the beach?

We may leave the youngest ones at Camp Carnival part of the day. Is the beach close enough to port allow us to take them back early if we wanted to? I have the impression that this is a small area. The boys are almost 4 and have pretty much out grown strollers but I am thinking of taking the old, almost worn out, umbrella stroller specifically to use at this port. Good Idea?

We sail on Elation 7/10 and were thinking we might explore Progresso on our own. The husbands may check out some ruins but my friend and I will be ushering 5 kids around, ages 3, 6, 9 & 12. What should we plan on doing? Maybe do a little shopping and spend a little time at the beach?

We may leave the youngest ones at Camp Carnival part of the day. Is the beach close enough to port allow us to take them back early if we wanted to? I have the impression that this is a small area. The boys are almost 4 and have pretty much out grown strollers but I am thinking of taking the old, almost worn out, umbrella stroller specifically to use at this port. Good Idea?

totally not relevant to your question but I see you are also leaving on the Elation this Sunday and I am just relieved to see someone else that doesn't seem to think our cruise will be affected by Hurricane Dennis. Looks like it will stay pretty far to the East of us, so hopefully our boat will be in dock on time Sunday and we can get out at 4:30 as scheduled :-)

We sail on Elation 7/10 and were thinking we might explore Progresso on our own. Maybe do a little shopping and spend a little time at the beach?

The boys are almost 4 and have pretty much out grown strollers but I am thinking of taking the old, almost worn out, umbrella stroller specifically to use at this port. Good Idea?

Hola Tex,

Bruce-r is right as always. We've been there, done that. The beach is only about 3 blocks from the bus stop where they drop you off. They have a nice city tour and you can loaf on the beach the rest of the day. The vendors will swarm you but they are only trying to make a living. The food is good, and the drinks are cold and the service is good. Great people!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, they have Coronas for $1. You might want to see the Mercado (market) that is a couple of blocks off of the Malecon. It is a neat place with real people and real bargains. And try some of the food there. Fantastic!

Archived