barcelona taxi tour company

http://www.taxiinternacional.com - Angie gets back to you within hours. Pricing from the airport to the dock or hotel is 35 Euro for 4 plus luggage. Our flight was over an hour late but her driver was still there waiting. Excellent English, gave us a tour on the way to our hotel, pointing out the areas' sites. They also offer 1/2 and full day tours. Try email taxiinternacion@terra.es Laurey

Anybody have any other recommendations. Barcelona Taxi is fully booked for our date 7/20 & its coming up real soon. And the other never responded to my email. Sent another hoping for a response, but they are probably booked also...I had just planned to get a cab at the airport, but since it is 5 of us, decided it would be nice to have one prearranged. I booked all my tours in October so I wouldn't have last minute to do's and now keep finding new things to worry about...

Allyson

Allyson,

They have all sorts of sizes of cars at the airport and will be able to accomodate youI'm sure. It cost us 23 euros from the airport to the Hotel. There were long lines of cabs and no waiting.

Allyson,

They have all sorts of sizes of cars at the airport and will be able to accomodate youI'm sure. It cost us 23 euros from the airport to the Hotel. There were long lines of cabs and no waiting.

You might consider purchasing a multi-day "Barcelona Card" when you arrive at the airport. It's good for free rides on the public transportation system (including the water taxi cruise) and for free or reduced entrance at some of the more popular museums, saving you some money. If you're staying downtown near Las Ramblas, there's a train station right at the airport that takes you directly to Plaza Catalunya - just flash your Barcelona Card to the station agent as you enter the station.

There's also the open-air double-decked Bus Turistic that hits the all the tourist sites, and you can catch it right at Plaza Catalunya. Oddly enough, the ticket for the Bus Turistic isn't valid on the regular transit system, and the Barcelona Card isn't valid for the Bus Turistic. At least they weren't when we visited there two years ago. You should Google both systems for more information and to see if the systems are now linked. But whatever you do, don't bet that you know under which matchbook the pea is hiding!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

We booked their service last October for our May '05 BCN/Venice. I had priced Taxiinternational (Angie) initially - but she was higher.

Barcelona Taxi Tour picked us up at the airport and delivered us to our hotel in BCN for 25 Euros - on Sunday, he returned and transported us to the pier for 20 Euros. Along the way to the hotel from a/p, he also gave us a really nice introduction to Barcelona - along with help info about the areas we would be staying in......

Barcelona Taxi Tours was less expensive than Taxiinternational - however, we did meet Angie at the airport (she was waiting for her "clients" next to our driver, Aurelio - and he introduced us) and I'd book her if Barcelona Taxi Tour was NOT available.

Archived