What to do with 1 and 6 year old?

carlissaandisaacsmommy

And please don't say "stay on the ship" or Cave Tubing. We do not want to stay on the ship - even if we only get off for a few minutes. I can't imagine traveling to another country and not even stepping foot on their soil!!

At any rate, we have an 18 month old and a 6 1/2 year old. My parents will be going as well. We aren't really the "athletic" type - no ziplining and no cave tubing. I think the ruins tour would get hot and boring for both kids. I know I am really narrowing it down for you, but surely someone can help us.

Thanks!!!

Other than the ones you mentioned, there is not a lot other than snorkeling or water related tours..What about Bannister Island ? Wife and I are in our sixties , and we just went there to relax in the shade by the water...I am sure the kids would love it there as it is a safe place to get in the water...Just a thought.

SANY1961.jpg

screencast

We have also done Bannister Island. I have a full review if you are interested in reading it (there are TONS of pictures of the place there...just make sure you go to the correct post number as stated in the signature line to get you to the right place).

There are tons of starfish there as well. It's a nice relaxing day.

PC180214-M.jpg

PC180295-L.jpg

PC180192-M.jpg

PC180193-M.jpg

PC180257-M.jpg

PC180354-M.jpg

Thanks!! I'm definitely going to read your review of it. It won't let me go to from my phone, though, so I'll do it later. They offer it through the ship. Would it be cheaper/better to do it through someone other than the ship?

Yes, they offer it as a ship excursion (or at least they did when we went last year). You can also do it on your own with a tour company.

The main reason we did it with the ship instead was Belize is a tender port. So if you do this with another company, you will have to stand in line on the ship to get your tender tickets. Then wait to be called to catch the tender. Tender the 20 minutes or so over to the port. Then you have to go find your excursion company outside of the port...then get back on another boat and go over to Bannister.

We felt that it just made more sense to use the ship excursion because we avoided all of that. Since it was a ship excursion, we didn't have to get tender tickets and they usually call for the ship excursions to leave first. They took us straight from the ship to the island without having to tender over to the port and get on another boat. Then on the way back, they gave us the option of either going straight back to the ship or you could stay on the boat and they would take you over to the port for some shopping prior to returning to the ship. This all made it well worth it for us. :)

Archived