Cozumel Bar Hop Canceled ... Is There A Safe Alternatives To See Other Side of Island

jtwanabe

Like the title says not enough takers (only needed 6) to have the tour.

Can anyone suggest a safe way for a solo cruise to make it to the other

side of the island.

Scooter rental

Taxi?

Is there any alternatives to the Cozumel Bar Hop?

Carnival's island hop is not what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance?

JT :o

Like the title says not enough takers (only needed 6) to have the tour.

Can anyone suggest a safe way for a solo cruise to make it to the other

side of the island.

Scooter rental

Taxi?

Is there any alternatives to the Cozumel Bar Hop?

Carnival's island hop is not what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance?

JT :o

If you only need 6 I would post something on your roll call,im sure you may get some takers:)

If not Mr Sanchos is awesome $45 all you can eat and drink all day ;)

I did post it on roll call for the Triumph Oct. 7 cruise and not a single response.

What does a Taxi cost to have it of 3 or 4 hours. Do you have to

set it up in advance?

I really want to see it.

Not sure of the cost...you can negotiate with the taxi people & no you don't have to set it up in advance. You will see the Taxi area once you walk through the shopping area at the Port.

I did post it on roll call for the Triumph Oct. 7 cruise and not a single response.

What does a Taxi cost to have it of 3 or 4 hours. Do you have to

set it up in advance?

I really want to see it.

That's a boring roll call lol :)

We have been to Cozumel many times and taxis are not cheap like in some other countries that you can negotiate a taxi for X many hours or for the day

We didn't do it our last cruise because I just thought its so much cheaper to just go to an all inclusive and for $100 including tip for the two of us we can eat and drink whatever we want and have great service

$57 per person for a tour of the other side of the island and a free shot at each bar and t shirt seems like a bit of a rip off to me ,I am a bartender so maybe a different opinion than some.I see the bar hop sort of as a taxi getting paid by the bar(s) to bring people for the free shot and then spending $50 on food/drink

Not sure of the cost...you can negotiate with the taxi people & no you don't have to set it up in advance. You will see the Taxi area once you walk through the shopping area at the Port.

No you cannot negotiate taxis in Cozumel ,Fares are posted

how about renting a scooter. I'm by myself so would it be safe to do so.

How much do they cost?

Have you ever been to Cozumel?

I love motorcycles and have been riding my whole life but would never do in another country, its bad enough here in the states

I like to limit my chances of an accident especially not here in my home country that takes my health insurance

Cozumel is a pretty poor stop, chain bars like Fat Tuesdays, Margaritaville, Combed beach resorts, tourist shops ughhh. We have been twice on cruises which included Cozumel. You are right in thinking the other side of the island is the place to be. Here has been our plan:

Grab a taxi, have him take you to his favorite street vendor for lunch to go. Then have him take you to a grocery store and pay under a buck a beer for a 6 or 12 pack, stick that in your collapsible cooler you bring off the ship. Get dropped off on the wild side, wander, beach comb, have lunch, collect shells, crawl on the rocks, wet your feet, drink some beer and get picked up hours later. Awesome way to spend a day, way less than a 100 bucks for 3 of us all day.

The last time we were there, we NEGOTIATED a rate. I know there are fares posted but they can be negotiated if you are doing an amount of time with a taxi driver & not a specific destination.

The last time we were there, we NEGOTIATED a rate. I know there are fares posted but they can be negotiated if you are doing an amount of time with a taxi driver & not a specific destination.

Was their last month for our I think 6th time and the same rates are still posted at the taxi station.I guess the government didn't have this rule in place when you were their

Was their last month for our I think 6th time and the same rates are still posted at the taxi station.I guess the government didn't have this rule in place when you were their

I've been there several times myself and we have negotiated our taxi fares on more than one occasion.

Too many scooter accidents reported. Don't do it! On the other thread about this someone suggested the Carnival Beach Hop--did you look at that?

The other IS nice but it's not worth all this worry. There is no electricity over there so it's all cash. Fewer people but that might get boring. You could be one of only a very few people there.

Mr. Sancho's and Paradise Beach are good options. Hang out at the taxi stand and maybe some other people are trying to get to the other side too--go with them.

Have you thought about renting a car? You can do it in advance, the rates are very reasonable, and depending on the pier, they are right there. I would have no issue with the scooter - I've done the entire island on one a couple of times with no trouble (all by myself), but a car is more comfortable in the heat. When I've been with a group, we have also negotiated a rate with a taxi driver. I'm sorry but there's not a lot in Mexico that is "by the book" in my experience.

And there are a couple of great places on the far side of the island to sip a cold one.

Have fun no matter what you do.

Have you ever been to the other side of the island?

It really is not that big of a deal.

The beach looks nice from the road, but if you get out and walk down its full of trash & debris.

Tons of litter everywhere.

Also the waves are much to strong to swim most of the time.

YES, You can negotiate a taxi in Cozumel. Go out to the taxis and tell them where & how long & how much you will pay, be reasonable tho. I personally have done it more than once. 4 hours for $100 for 4 people. They will take you anywhere you want to go and wait for you. We always go to the other side of the island and visit the bars there. Its very different over there, no crowds. Be sure to stop at Coconuts (bar).

YES, You can negotiate a taxi in Cozumel. Go out to the taxis and tell them where & how long & how much you will pay, be reasonable tho. I personally have done it more than once. 4 hours for $100 for 4 people. They will take you anywhere you want to go and wait for you. We always go to the other side of the island and visit the bars there. Its very different over there, no crowds. Be sure to stop at Coconuts (bar).

I realized this yesterday :)

post #20 ;)

Thanks though for correcting me

Archived