First time cruiser with a few questions!

Hey all :)

My husband and I are going on our first cruise on the RCCL Voyager of the Seas and I have a few questions.

In regards to the premium drinks package. They charge $55 per day, our departure isn't till 9pm for the first day and our return is 6am. Will they charge us for both those dates, even if they're not full days?

Is the premium drinks package worth its weight in gold?

Would you recommend getting the drinks package before boarding?

Also, Does the Jade sushi bar still exist?

Pointers and tips to cruising will be greatly appreciated too :)

Thank you soo much for your time

Kind regards

Liliny

I've been looking into the drinks package as well.

To see how much they charge login to your cruise on royal Caribbean website & select the drinks package.

The ship departs at 9pm but they have staggered boarding based on what deck you are on.

You can buy the drinks package on the first day on board.

It's worth it depending how much you wish to drink. Peace of mind if you enjoy a drink or two.

I've been looking into the drinks package as well.

To see how much they charge login to your cruise on royal Caribbean website & select the drinks package.

The ship departs at 9pm but they have staggered boarding based on what deck you are on.

You can buy the drinks package on the first day on board.

It's worth it depending how much you wish to drink. Peace of mind if you enjoy a drink or two.

If you're a moderate to big drinker then those that purchase the package say "yes, it's worth it". Remember that EACH adult person in the cabin has to purchase the package so if there's two of you, that's $55 each per day = $110 per day for you both.

If you think that you'd easily spend that amount on alcohol whilst on-board then it is certainly worth looking at.

One of our regular posters here reported that he and his wife purchased the package once they boarded but after about 3 days they realised that they were missing out on lots of other activities whilst on-board because they were consuming alcohol just to take advantage of the package!

Remember that's about 6-8 drinks per day per person which you probably wouldn't drink on a day in port and may not be the total amount you would be able to consume each day.

We found that the alcoholic drinks on-board are quite reasonably priced and that they are also MUCH stronger than we are used to so we needed much fewer for the same "glow"! :)

Only you know whether or not it would be to your advantage.

My husband and I purchased a package on our first cruise and really regretted it. We felt we did not get value for money, we didn't realise there would be access to complmentary tea/coffee/cold drinks in the buffet. I would not consider us to be big drinkers, but do like a drink before dinner and wine with dinner. I would never purchase a package again, "buying as you go" is for us.

and remember what ever the daily amount is (depending on the package you buy) it is that amount per adult per day... even on days that you are in port and not on the boat you still pay the daily amount.

Only you can know if you will drink enough during your cruise to justify the amount paid.

Dashman

They charge for the same number of days as the cruise is called in the booking i.e. on RCL's website, it is called an x-night cruise and x is the number of days that are charged.

In other words, you pay for the first day (when you get on), but not the day (morning) when you get off.

Hey all :)

My husband and I are going on our first cruise on the RCCL Voyager of the Seas and I have a few questions.

In regards to the premium drinks package. They charge $55 per day, our departure isn't till 9pm for the first day and our return is 6am. Will they charge us for both those dates, even if they're not full days?

Is the premium drinks package worth its weight in gold?

Would you recommend getting the drinks package before boarding?

Also, Does the Jade sushi bar still exist?

Pointers and tips to cruising will be greatly appreciated too :)

Thank you soo much for your time

Kind regards

Liliny

'

Wait until you board and decide as the drinks package sales people are the first to greet you:D

$55 US pp per night and yes it is worth every penny if you like to drink or like expensive very strong american style cocktails.

We cancelled ours because we couldnt remember the first few days of our 14 night VOS cruise!:D:D

Tip. Get your drinks at night from The Champaign bar you can use your package and the drinks there are much better than other bars.

Tip. When ordering a cocktail at a pool bar insist on fresh ingredients because almost all cocktails otherwise will come out of a pre packaged carton and taste as such! The pre mixed Mojito is particularly Rank:eek:

on a few nights we drank well over our $55 worth but you burn out real quick as the drinks are so strong.

Try an Italian Long Island Iced Tea at dinner and fall asleep in your soup lol

Fishtaco - I love your advice, especially about the long island tea and soup! That made me smile a lot. I remember on Radiance the drinks were free-pour but rather than the 1,2,3 count it was more 1 and and and and and 2 and and and and 3 and and and so on....so strong. A couple of G & Ts and I was flying!:D

Wonder what it will be like this time.

You guys are amazing! Thank you soo much for your thoughts, truly appreciate it.

Still unsure what we will do, but we have enough time to sort that out :D

Once again, thank you soo much :)

Will suss out that other link too, ty : :)

Lolz fish taco....long island soup tea :D

Archived