Norwegian Sun, first time NCL cruiser, any tips?

SpeedsterX

We are choosing the south Caribbean 11 day on the Sun. Have been on RCL Freedom and Carnival Dream. We are a group of 4 in our mid to late 40's. I understand the rooms are just a tad smaller and that's no big deal. Just a few questions that I cannot find the answers to.

Any other tips or tricks would be great!

I know this is a lot so THANK YOU for any response!

The Sun is my favorite ship. She is old and is a no frills ship but that is why we love her...she's ALL ship. To me, that's what a cruise is supposed to be.

NCL cabins do tend to be smaller, except on the Sun. The Sun's cabins are the largest NCL cabins I have ever stayed in. Bathrooms do have the plastic shower curatins, unlike other NCL ships that have glass shower doors...but that's not too bad. You will have plenty of storage space. We did the 11 day itinerary last year. I am an over-packer and had room for everything.

We're going on the Sun again this coming February. I'm very excited to sail her again :) A lot of my favorite crew that were on that ship have moved to Breakaway, but I am sure service will be just as fabulous.

If you're not one of those who is defiantly against paying extra for meals, I highly recommend LeBistro.

You will find lots more lve music on NCL than on CCL.

You will be greeted with cool towels and water/juice when arriving back from your day off the ship.

You will enjoy poolside BBQ lunches on sea days

You can enjoy excellent buffalo wings for a snack.

You will love the White Hot Party, The Quest and the deck parties.

You will love the fact that the hotel director, cruise director and even the F&B manager are always out and about making sure you have a good time.

I love NCL. I don't know if you will, but if you love it half as much as I do, you will be happy as hell with the experience. I am platinum on Carnival and said Goodbye. NCL is just SO much better (for us)

HAPPY SAILING!!

(oh, and make sure to join your roll call)

Try a search for those rooms or ones around as a few people on here have posted pictures over the years.

also ck out the 2 bal cabins 1202&1002 great room 1/2 the price of minis next door big bal front of ship very quiet pics are posted look for sun 1202

Leaving on the Sun next Wednesday. I'm planning on doing a review, but if you want, email me at risa361@aol.com and I'll happily send you pictures and answer any questions. I'm in my early 50's but look for fun things to do all the time. I'm very excited about our upcoming trip!

We are on the Sun in March and are looking for all the info we can get......can't wait for your review

Archived