alchol and carnival

pandarider123

From Red Frog - the Mango Magic - mango, rum, mint, go figure, but very good and refreshing!

And we made our own drink on our Conquest cruise last week, we tripped into a drink we created and called it the Hurricane Alex after my DH - it's a Beachcomber and a Hurricane each made on the rocks, then poured into a pitcher, mixed and poured back out into two glasses. You are ordering two drinks, but it is SO yummy and not quite as sweet as a hurricane.

From Blue Iguana I LOVED the guava margarita!

And if your ship has an Alchemy bar, the Peach cosmo is awesome, as is the Deal Closer....sooooo many great drinks. We got the Cheers program and tried so many new things, it was awesome!

Mixed drinks on Carnival are very weak. I usually bring some minis of Vodka and split them between the drink of the day my girlfriend and I get every day while cruising. Best bet is to stick to beer and wine as those cannot be watered down.

This had not been my experience! I hate to say I'm an every weekend drinker...but, well...I am. Absolute and cranberry on carnival is not weak.

Sent from my PC36100 using Forums mobile app

Apologies, I should have clarified, the drink of the day is very watered down and weak. I cannot comment on most other mixed drinks. I've never been kicked off, placed in irons, or walked the plank for packing several minis in different locations of my checked luggage.

Edited by Flint5

Apologies, I should have clarified, the drink of the day is very watered down and weak. I cannot comment on most other mixed drinks. I've never been kicked off, placed in irons, or walked the plank for packing several minis in different locations of my checked luggage.

Not if you go to a good bartender and slip them a couple extra bucks in cash :D

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Way too easy to put down an extra 2000 calories a day drinking the fancy stuff. Keep it simple, go with a vodka & cranberry or Malibu rum with pineapple juice. (Your waistline will thank me.) :)

I don't believe you go on a cruise and worry about your waistline :). I'll worry about my waist before I go;)

I don't believe you go on a cruise and worry about your waistline :). I'll worry about my waist before I go;)

No kidding. Actually when I'm cruising I can eat like a horse and drink like a fish and don't gain weight because we are walking ALL the time. Think I'm going to get a Fitbit just so I can see exactly how far I walk. I swear it's like 10,000 miles in the 5-7 day timeframe!

I swear im thinking of selling my truck to afford my last few payments so I can enjoy the ammenities! I have a 2007 toyota tacoma extended cab with0 3000 miles on it.

im at the point where this just might be a viable option for us to get us to get a nicer cheaper apt to go on more cruises! I would have 1st last and security deposit for a new place, spending money for the cruise and cheaper rent!

Edited by anamarieus

No kidding. Actually when I'm cruising I can eat like a horse and drink like a fish and don't gain weight because we are walking ALL the time. Think I'm going to get a Fitbit just so I can see exactly how far I walk. I swear it's like 10,000 miles in the 5-7 day timeframe!

Me too, I don't like elevators, so do stairs and stairs and more stairs all day long!