Victor Bodden

saatros

Trying to decide between the "zip & dip" & the "best of"...(& adding the zip). Any suggestions? There are 2 of us and we'll be in port from 9-5. (January Dawn). Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I would do the best of tour. When you get done with your zip you can leave and go to the beach or wherever else you would like to go. We are going mid Nov and doing a private one too. If you do the group and it is a large group you are stuck waiting around. I want to be able to go and see as much as possible. Have fun!!

Also recommend the Best of Tour. Just did this in April and we managed to do the following:

1. Tour the island.

2. Spent 2 hours at West Bay beach. Resort fee was $10. I believe that we went to Fosters.

3. Visited monkey farm - $5

4. Did the zip line - cost us $40 per person

We still had time left over to walk into coxen Hole before getting back on the ship.

The zip lining is done at Victor's farm, the same place where the monkeys are. He has 13 platforms and is very safe.

Doing the same Best of Tour in 2 weeks and can't wait. It is great to have your own driver and the freedom to go where you want. Roatan is a wonderful island and one of my favorite stops,

Enjoy.

Edited by thescot123

Also recommend the Best of Tour. Just did this in April and we managed to do the following:

1. Tour the island.

2. Spent 2 hours at West Bay beach. Resort fee was $10. I believe that we went to Fosters.

3. Visited monkey farm - $5

4. Did the zip line - cost us $40 per person

We still had time left over to walk into coxen Hole before getting back on the ship.

The zip lining is done at Victor's farm, the same place where the monkeys are. He has 13 platforms and is very safe.

Doing the same Best of Tour in 2 weeks and can't wait. It is great to have your own driver and the freedom to go where you want. Roatan is a wonderful island and one of my favorite stops,

Enjoy.

We'll be doing the Best of next week and really want to just do the Zip & Dip package that he offers and maybe add a tour of the island as well.

How was the ziplining?? In the pictures on the site they don't really look too high?? We ziplined in Jamaica and it was awesome! I'm hoping this one isn't going to disappoint??

If I am interested in seeing some of the Island and some beach time, and there are only two of us, is the Fun-n-Sun package the way to go (financially speaking)?

We did Fun n Sun. Loved part of it, disappointed in others. Had 2 photo stops. The first was a waste of time, over 45 min. The second up the highest peak was nice. There's some merchants there. Buy there. We didn't and regretted it.

Victor's Monkey business was great. Loved interacting with them.

Then to Bananarama. Liked the resort. Problem is we only had about 30 min there. Water was great for swimming, but not snorkeling with our limited time. Barely had time to get food. All of us would have loved more time there and to have skipped the first photo place that was on the opposite side of the island from everything else.

Made it back 15 min before boarding so could only make a few hasty purchases.

Next time I will do private.

We did Fun n Sun. Loved part of it, disappointed in others. Had 2 photo stops. The first was a waste of time, over 45 min. The second up the highest peak was nice. There's some merchants there. Buy there. We didn't and regretted it.

Victor's Monkey business was great. Loved interacting with them.

Then to Bananarama. Liked the resort. Problem is we only had about 30 min there. Water was great for swimming, but not snorkeling with our limited time. Barely had time to get food. All of us would have loved more time there and to have skipped the first photo place that was on the opposite side of the island from everything else.

Made it back 15 min before boarding so could only make a few hasty purchases.

Next time I will do private.

Thank you for responding. I send them an email to ask them how much beach time is normal for this tour.

JMO, but as stated above , private is the only way to go. You decide where and when, and you just get a lot more for your money...

But if you're on a budget, is that still the way to go b/c then you're paying for the extra's (like chairs at the beach, etc.).

About how long is this tour would you say ? And I'm sorry I usually book through the cruise ship this will be my first time booking a tour on my own , when you say "private " how do you go about doing that ? Three of us want to do a tour together , but one of us doesn't want to zip line .

From what I've read, any of the Bodden choices are good ones. You can read about & book them right from the Victor Bodden website. I've booked the zip & dip, but if I find others from my ship who may have our interest, I would switch it to a private, ("Best of"). More people = more economical :-) I've never booked anything other than a ship excursion either... but I'm feeling pretty trusting of all the people who who post here :-)

From what I've read, any of the Bodden choices are good ones. You can read about & book them right from the Victor Bodden website. I've booked the zip & dip, but if I find others from my ship who may have our interest, I would switch it to a private, ("Best of"). More people = more economical :-) I've never booked anything other than a ship excursion either... but I'm feeling pretty trusting of all the people who who post here :-)

Thank you so much !! I'm thinking best of is a way to go . I'm just nervous about not making it to the ship in time that's all haha

Thank you for responding. I send them an email to ask them how much beach time is normal for this tour.

We had been told when we booked the beach time was at least 1 1/2hrs. Lot of time wasted, including a long time at the port waiting for a couple that never showed. Also that 1st photo op was a joke, completely in the opposite direction from everything else.

Yes, it was cheaper, but the less money did not compensate for the huge reduction in beach time. Next time we will DEFINITELY go private!

Another factor may be your time in port too. That was our shortest stop but the tour went to the same places and cut off beach time at the end. If you have all day you might be fine.

Edited by wantocruisemore

• 2 weeks later...
I usually book through the cruise ship this will be my first time booking a tour on my own , when you say "private " how do you go about doing that ? Three of us want to do a tour together , but one of us doesn't want to zip line .

Well, I want to warn you about booking your own excursion (as opposed to booking excursion thru the ship) . . . Once you book your own excursion you're never gonna wanna book one thru the ship again! Thank goodness for the awesome websites like CruiseCritic (and others) that have great info from fellow travelers and allow us to make informed decisions rather than be herded like sheep :D.

To book a Victor Bodden private tour, simply send Victor an email thru his website. Give him time, date, ship, people, etc. You do NOT have to fill out all the details stating where you want to go and what you want to see. Just tell Victor you're still deciding! You have a PRIVATE tour (which is JUST your group - nobody else) and the driver will take you ANYWHERE you want to go... for as long as you want to be there.

As far as the ziplining goes, our 2 teens wanted to zipline but we did NOT, tyvm. :rolleyes: We selected Southshore for the kids and we sat on the open deck people watching while the kids did the zipline. So, whomever is the NO GO on the zipline can do whatever they want: Sit on the deck and wait, have driver take them to a nearby shop or whatever, wait quietly in the car ---- whatever.

Have a great time!!

Amy

;) We thank you for your trust! lol Read your post and wondered how many in your group? If you have 4 people the price is $25 per person for a private tour thru Bodden -- you don't need more people to change the price.

If you DO need more people, be sure to post in your roll call board. May find someone there to share with!

Happy cruising...

Amy

Edited by AllAmericanAmy

;) We thank you for your trust! lol Read your post and wondered how many in your group? If you have 4 people the price is $25 per person for a private tour thru Bodden -- you don't need more people to change the price.

If you DO need more people, be sure to post in your roll call board. May find someone there to share with!

Happy cruising...

Amy

Thanks Amy! There's only 2 of us booked & I did mention it on our roll call but nobody bit. I'll try a more direct invite. If I were to stay placed with the group for the zip & dip, I wonder how many typically are in a group. Any idea? We're scheduled to be in port from 9-5.

Happy cruising...

Amy

Thanks Amy! There's only 2 of us booked & I did mention it on our roll call but nobody bit. I'll try a more direct invite. If I were to stay placed with the group for the zip & dip, I wonder how many typically are in a group. Any idea? We're scheduled to be in port from 9-5.

What cruise are you taking and when ? We are doing the private tour