Spring break 2014

Rahway742

hi im thinking about doing a spring break cruise ( March 9-16,2014) and right now there are two options

1. Carnival Pride out of baltimore =1100 with balcony and cheers program

or

2. Carnival Splendor out of NYC=1300 with balcony and cheers program

both have same dates 3/9-3/16, both have same itinerary of

Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL, Nassau, The Bahamas,Freeport, The Bahamas but we live in nj and either way we would have to travel.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you! By the way I'm 22 and my friend is too and some of the other people who might come are in their 20's.

hi im thinking about doing a spring break cruise ( March 9-16,2014) and right now there are two options

or

Port Canaveral (Orlando), FL, Nassau, The Bahamas,Freeport, The Bahamas but we live in nj and either way we would have to travel.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you! By the way I'm 22 and my friend is too and some of the other people who might come are in their 20's.

Been on both ships and itinerary. You forgot one point, the Splendor is an 8 day and the Pride is a 7 day.

You may want to know that Carnival has a strict age policy. I was planning a spring break cruise with my cousin and brother, who are under 21 (over 18), and found out that we can not go on Carnival because of their ages. Anyone under 21 must be traveling with someone over 25. That being said, if you are all over 21, there is no issue. Hope this doesn't apply to you, as it's a rotten feeling to find out your plans wont work.

You may want to know that Carnival has a strict age policy. I was planning a spring break cruise with my cousin and brother, who are under 21 (over 18), and found out that we can not go on Carnival because of their ages. Anyone under 21 must be traveling with someone over 25. That being said, if you are all over 21, there is no issue. Hope this doesn't apply to you, as it's a rotten feeling to find out your plans wont work.

yea i learned this like 2 years ago but thanks we're all older than 22 so :)

• 1 month later...

or

Splendor nicer ship and 8 days.

or

Living in Rahway, you are super close to the pier in NY. Baltimore is a 3-year drive give or take. I haven't been on either but wouldn't mind trying them one day. I say the Splendor just because it's closer and an extra day. But I'm sure you'll enjoy both. Have fun whichever you choose.

what is the weather like leaving Baltiimore - won't it be cold?

New York would be colder...

Yes the weather can be iffy at that time of year. Our first cruise was March 27 and when we flew out of Dulles for San Juan it was snowing.

Living in Rahway, you are super close to the pier in NY. Baltimore is a 3-year drive give or take. I haven't been on either but wouldn't mind trying them one day. I say the Splendor just because it's closer and an extra day. But I'm sure you'll enjoy both. Have fun whichever you choose.

Gotta love auto correct. Made me chuckle, that's quite a drive. :eek:

out of Charleston March 8-15. Going with my daughter and her friend. Gonna be a party time (at ports since they are 19 and almost 20)!! Turks (Margaritaville is a blast), HMC, and Nassau (here we come Senor Frogs and the new one something Tuesday).

I say choose the Pride. Seems as though everyone loves that ship. I would not ever do the Splendor again. Parking in NY was $280.00 for 8 days. Baltimore is $105.00 for 7 days.

Edited by BattyL
Additional comment

out of Charleston March 8-15. Going with my daughter and her friend. Gonna be a party time (at ports since they are 19 and almost 20)!! Turks (Margaritaville is a blast), HMC, and Nassau (here we come Senor Frogs and the new one something Tuesday).

Fat Tuesdays! Its a good time... senor frogs is a more "party environment" though so if you can only do one, choose senor!

You better double check that... went on a cruise in April with my best friends' family and we had to be split up because there HAD to be someone 25 or older booked in the room no matter what.

IMO it will come down to personal preference. We looked at both of these sailings but opted for Splendor (Mar 9/14) mainly because we are going to arrive in NY 2 days early to see the city.

Although the sail away from NY is incredible and well worth any addition cost over Pride, your all in cost in Baltimore will be lower based on parking and hotel or, at least in my case, airfare. If memory serves me the Cruise Maryland is $19/day as opposed to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal which is $35/day.

We have sailed out of Ny twice and would do it 10 more times.