Cruise from Barcelona

Manilow fan

Looking forward to our first cruise next May with RC - Serenade of the Sea :)

Just received our flight details this morning and see that we arrive at Barcelona airport at 9.50am. I guess we have to allow an hour to claim baggage and passport control, security etc.

My question is: are we taken straight to the ship ( the price of our cruise includes transfers from the airport). I have been on the RC website and we will miss the morning tour of the city as we have to land by 9.15am to take this tour. We also miss the post cruise tour of the city as we have a mid morning flight:mad:

If we go straight to the ship, unpack and sort ourselves out can we then walk back into Barcelona or catch a local bus on our own. Our ship sails at 5pm. Any help much appreciated!

Given the time you are arriving, I am sure you will be taken directly to the ship. Once you board it may take the luggage a few hours to arrive to your room and do keep in mind that you will need to board by 4:30 PM (90 minutes before check in is required but you will already be checked in) so you may not have a lot of time to explore the city.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You can also get a lot of your RCI specific questions answer on the RCI Board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

Keith

Looking forward to our first cruise next May with RC - Serenade of the Sea :)

Just received our flight details this morning and see that we arrive at Barcelona airport at 9.50am. I guess we have to allow an hour to claim baggage and passport control, security etc.

My question is: are we taken straight to the ship ( the price of our cruise includes transfers from the airport). I have been on the RC website and we will miss the morning tour of the city as we have to land by 9.15am to take this tour. We also miss the post cruise tour of the city as we have a mid morning flight:mad:

If we go straight to the ship, unpack and sort ourselves out can we then walk back into Barcelona or catch a local bus on our own. Our ship sails at 5pm. Any help much appreciated!

We checked in at the port and took a local bus from the port back up to Las Ramblas - only a few euros. It's not far.

Archived