Rcl explorer of the seas cabin help pls

cruisewithbaby

This will be my 5th cruise but only 2nd with RCL and its been about 15 years. I am sailing with my 4 year old daughter and 70 year old mother. On our last cruise hubby and son came but we are trying to plan a girls trip back to our love, Bermuda. Looks like explorer to Bermuda may 4 is the best deal for us. I'm trying to figure out cabin selection and to get a grand suite is actually less than us getting 2 cabins (daughter will sleep on sofa bed as always) but can't really tell is a grand suite worth it? Looks like mom and I will be on twins right next to each other, which we have done on smaller vacations but sofa is right next to us? Is there a black out curtain to separate sofa bed? Are the suite perks worth it? I'm really looking forward to relaxing finally a little on this cruise (we never had the suite life before). Can't find pricing for family suite that is two "rooms" or reviews to see if that is worth it?? Sorry for the run on any if ice would be great

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

This will be my 5th cruise but only 2nd with RCL and its been about 15 years. I am sailing with my 4 year old daughter and 70 year old mother. On our last cruise hubby and son came but we are trying to plan a girls trip back to our love, Bermuda. Looks like explorer to Bermuda may 4 is the best deal for us. I'm trying to figure out cabin selection and to get a grand suite is actually less than us getting 2 cabins (daughter will sleep on sofa bed as always) but can't really tell is a grand suite worth it? Looks like mom and I will be on twins right next to each other, which we have done on smaller vacations but sofa is right next to us? Is there a black out curtain to separate sofa bed? Are the suite perks worth it? I'm really looking forward to relaxing finally a little on this cruise (we never had the suite life before). Can't find pricing for family suite that is two "rooms" or reviews to see if that is worth it?? Sorry for the run on any if ice would be great

We were just in GS on Grandeur, and it looks like similar layout to Explorer. Our room had curtain between beds and sofa, and there was maybe 3-4 feet between beds and sofa when it was opened up. In our opinion, the GS was SO worth it. Loved the perks. If you cannot find pricing or family suite, then they may already be booked. They go very fast. Just before final payment, one opened up on our ship, and it was roughly $400 more than our GS. I almost upgraded, but it was aft and we wanted to be forward.

We were on the Explorer with 3 in a regular balcony. Unless the perks are really important to you - I'd save the money for awesome excursions and a nice souvenir. We spend very little time in our cabin - so size isn't as important to us as it may be to some.

Just a note - are you aware that the water is not swimming temperature in May. We were just there the first week of June. The air temp was 90 degrees but the water was frigid. May's average water temp is 72 degrees - brrrr! We have a favorite beach there and love climbing the rocks and exploring the cove(I'm sure fun for your 4 yr old) - but water isn't warm until end of June into July.

Thanks for both replies. We went with GS for me and daughter and separate room for mom. We were in a JS before and it was way too right for us last year so I am splurging on GS for the two of us.

We were in Bermuda first week of June this year and the water was great! Maybe it was a different day? We went to horseshoe bay and swam in the cove and fed the huge fish that hang out with you. It was a really hot day, the next day was not as hot and we rode the free tram lots with kiddos. This time planning to go to perfume factory and playgrounds.

Archived