Have dress codes changed?

sunshine 229

I am just saying he wears his blazer, dress slack, shirt and tie on all evenings requiring at least jacket and tie. Will we become the scourge of Celebrity Cruise Lines due to this apparent boo boo? Please let me know. We are planning to be on the 14 day Summit cruise AK and down the W Coast of US. Sure hope we don't have to miss this due to the dress code issue.

Book it, enjoy it. We have friends on the cruise. If you see a guy in a Kilt, tell him Arno says hi...He and his wife might be the most frequent cruisers aboard...

The Alaska run (from what I remember) is generally a little more casual than others. There are some who don't follow the rules at all... You are trying your best.. wearing a jacket & tie is great. If you feel uncomfortable.. many people do alternate dining on formal nights... enjoy the cruise.

My husband is a very large man and does not own a dark suit much less a tux. I realize you can rent them but trust me in his size it is almost impossible.

I'm a pretty big guy. Cruiseline Formalware can fit me and I think almost anyone else who is ambulatory. Call and ask then, and then you will actually know if it is impossible or not.

Slomotion, I realize that yes, almost anything in life is possible including fitting a large fellow for a tux. It was accomplished for our daughter's wedding and I must say...the old field artillery officer surely did look great. It is a very uncomfortable issue for the DH. We know how to act, which fork to use and are really quite nice people to visit with. I was simply not aware that the clothes issue was so HUGE onboard Celebrity. BTW we have never worn shorts, jeans etc to the main dining room even for breakfast or lunch. We do know how to act and dress as stated. I was hoping to find a new cruiseline to cruise on and am in highest of hopes that X will be that one. We have cruised Alaska before and had a ball!

Book it, enjoy it. We have friends on the cruise. If you see a guy in a Kilt, tell him Arno says hi...He and his wife might be the most frequent cruisers aboard...

The Alaska run (from what I remember) is generally a little more casual than others. There are some who don't follow the rules at all... You are trying your best.. wearing a jacket & tie is great. If you feel uncomfortable.. many people do alternate dining on formal nights... enjoy the cruise.

C2C, that is our plan, to have a repeat great time as we did 3 yrs ago in AK. We had the best of times and didn't worry on little bit about clothing. We dressed approriately enough to be asked to the Captain's table to dine and just had a grand time of it. If you are on the 9/16/05 Summit cruise I will look for you!

I've not been on a huge number of cruises in comparison to many that are on these boards, but I must say, there are more people with "attitude" here than on the ship itself. Including Celebrity. When I see someone dressed in what some may consider to be inapropriate, I may think either they lost their luggage or did not know what the "code" was prior to sailing. I enjoy seeing people look nice, but I would not judge anyone before getting to know them.

Medcoder, I think most people, especially when they get to know you, will enjoy your company no matter what you may be wearing. Any people who are going to judge in because of the clothes you wear, perhaps they aren't worth knowing. My DH and I would be pleased to sit with you.

To the OP (and tbelian), no, the dress code has not changed as per the Celebrity site.

Thanks, Happy Ks I will look for you also. As mentioned, "attitude" does not work often and is offensive in the best of circles. I can tell you this, it doesn't fly where I come from and it is a rather elegant little town we have here in Naples, FL

Archived