Family rooms Norweigian Spirit

Magnumblack

Hi guys . Can you tell me what the Norweigan spirit 4 berth cabins are like .

We are travelling europe next year and I wanted to book on Hal , got a good price for ocean view cabin and their cabins look very very comfortable but at last minute hubby saw the spirit itinerary ( venice to Barcelona ) and the travel agent said the NCL would be better with kids ( mine are 12 and 14 ) .They only had port hole cabins available deck 4 available and before I knew it it was booked . Now looking on the plans, the 4 berth cabin on deck 4 looks really tiny and the port hole so small ( I know port holes are a lot smaller than an ocean view window but they look teeny tiny ). Has anybody been in one of these cabins ? Are the beds and room ok . I have read the spirit does not have many 4 berth cabins . We have sailed twice before in ocean view rooms and loved the big windows . Have I made the right decision . Thanks for any input :-)

Hi guys . Can you tell me what the Norweigan spirit 4 berth cabins are like .

We are travelling europe next year and I wanted to book on Hal , got a good price for ocean view cabin and their cabins look very very comfortable but at last minute hubby saw the spirit itinerary ( venice to Barcelona ) and the travel agent said the NCL would be better with kids ( mine are 12 and 14 ) .They only had port hole cabins available deck 4 available and before I knew it it was booked . Now looking on the plans, the 4 berth cabin on deck 4 looks really tiny and the port hole so small ( I know port holes are a lot smaller than an ocean view window but they look teeny tiny ). Has anybody been in one of these cabins ? Are the beds and room ok . I have read the spirit does not have many 4 berth cabins . We have sailed twice before in ocean view rooms and loved the big windows . Have I made the right decision . Thanks for any input :-)

Well let's start with the positives, the Spirit is a great ship with many unique features as you will discover with some research. One of the best ways to start would be to read Computerworks excellent review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1742648.

Your itinery is excellent so far so good.

Are you sure your TA has booked you a cabin on deck 4? I was under the impression that port hole cabins on deck 4 were for 3 maximum. If your cabin is on another deck and is family size it is likely to have a double/twin bed with one fold down bunk and a convertible sofa. With two youngsters 12 and 14 I would suggest it will be pretty tight. Don't know how it would affect cost but the Spirit has lots of connecting cabins, if possible and cost permitting I would recommend you go for two cabins. You will love the ship.

Hi,

I hope this will help you a bit even if it is not the same category of room. Here are some pictures of a family inside cabin. You can at least see the layout that way. I traveled last summer with my 2 kids (12 and 10) and my mom. We really enjoyed our cabin and had no problem fitting the 4 of us inside. Then again, on that type of itinerary you spend so little time in your cabin...

ImageUploadedByForums1381068757.578031.jpg.3899a093ae6960b51f35f29c489b4fdf.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1381068783.009121.jpg.743ff39b10202e0d37d634eac3d4f7a3.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1381068820.938046.jpg.3e50922db0cf0619ff3f055c7b888a97.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1381068844.543307.jpg.811b027079dd188fc3862db22ebf6190.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1381068905.095769.jpg.793b04485013bc5f0579549359b8ab86.jpg

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I can guarantee you that my two teens and I would kill each other in a cabin that small. Not to mention sharing one bathroom. I agree that you should at least consider getting two connecting cabins. If cost is an issue, then maybe you could cut costs elsewhere (like on airfare, hotels, shore excursions, etc.)? But if that is truly the only cabin that you are able to do, I would say just make the best of it and enjoy Europe!

Thanks for the pics . Tad cosy isn't it .😞At least with pull down beds off both sides , you have more room which is what I just . I think I will feel like I am camping . Hmmm . Think a call to NCL is needed . Thanks guys

My travel agent has said some are trundle some are bunk and we are in a bunk room ( preferred ) . Being a Monday here in Australia and the call centre is in USA they are shut being their Sunday .. Can anyone confirm ?

My travel agent has said some are trundle some are bunk and we are in a bunk room ( preferred ) . Being a Monday here in Australia and the call centre is in USA they are shut being their Sunday .. Can anyone confirm ?

Hi, I am not aware of any cabins with double bunks, as the images on the NCL website show most cabins accommodating three or more have one bunk. For what it's worth I would suggest a cabin higher than deck 4. Deck 4 is the lowest passenger level and has a limited number of cabins, it is also where the Medical Centre is situated.

Magnumblack, you didn't mention what month you are sailing in, so I just checked the Spirit cruise that we are on (in June) and compared prices of your deck 4 oceanview room for four vs. two connecting balcony rooms. I see a price difference of exactly 4K, with an onboard credit of $100 ($50 per room). So if you were to book yourself and one child in one balcony room (I ran a BD balcony room on deck 9), and your husband and the other child in the connecting room, it would cost that much more but you would have two bathrooms, two balconies, and you and your husband would have your own room (with connecting door to your children). If you can cut costs elsewhere, this might work (?).

Are the bigger inside cabins like 6035/6535/5035/5535 available for your sailing? No window, but the room was quite large. My family of 4 survived just fine, my kids were 10 and 13 at the time.

ETA: Also, the chair seen below folded out into a bed. I think my son slept on the trundle the first night, then the chair bed the remainder of the week.

spirit.jpg.8b2d3d06897d11f54f3bb42af01080d4.jpg

spirit2.jpg.7b064133a902935f90827436bbfa0990.jpg

spirit3.jpg.22ea962d236a215bf0c8e76bf11eebf3.jpg

Archived